Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: does anyone else remember the YT brewer who was obsessed with sanitation?  (Read 808 times)

Offline fredthecat

• Senior Brewmaster
Just for laughs here, but in the late 2000s there was a Canadian homebrewer guy who had a youtube channel where he had an extremely know-it-all, condescending attitude and was obsessed with detailing the minutiae of homebrewing and particularly sanitation. he would wear a hairnet or plastic on his clothes because he would talk about tiny particles of dust entering the carboy and ruining your beer when you opened it.

he was a large, semi-muscular guy in his late 30s with a loud voice and played "audience cheering" SFX during his talks. maybe it was a character he was playing up but he was very amusing to watch.

anyone remember his username or anything? i want to see if those vids are still up.

narvin

Was this the guy in his basement who took his shirt off and rubbed lotion all over himself to avoid getting dust on anything?

Offline fredthecat

• Senior Brewmaster
Was this the guy in his basement who took his shirt off and rubbed lotion all over himself to avoid getting dust on anything?

hahhahaa yes, it was him. remember his name or anything?

he also hated the craigtube guy a lot and would rag on him constantly.

Offline HopDen

• Senior Brewmaster
I'll be watching this thread!!

Offline fredthecat

• Senior Brewmaster
ok, i just googled some terms and remember it. his name was "TakeSomeAdvice". he is no longer on youtube, but if you look you can find a few references to him and his insanity at HBT and a few videos around. lol it always seemed like it was just a character to get attention, but he seemed deranged in general

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/threads/wheres-the-video-of-the-guy-who-sanitizes-inside-his-gloves.348049/
« Last Edit: April 29, 2022, 01:05:29 pm by fredthecat »

narvin

I always felt a little bad for him, seems like he had some issues. Of course, is any Homebrewer really normal?  :D

Online reverseapachemaster

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
    • Brain Sparging on Brewing
I never watched but I remember people talking about him bathing in sanitizer
Heck yeah I blog about homebrewing: Brain Sparging on Brewing

Offline Cliffs

• Brewmaster

what the......

Offline fredthecat

• Senior Brewmaster

what the......

i think the videos of his brewing stuff are gone, but there are some of his other ahem "topics" left on youtube, which can be a bit too psycho/unpopular for me to post here. but they were very funny. i remember he would make very long presentations of beer tastings and swirl the glass for several minutes, looking at it under the light, finally having a taste and playing -audience clapping- sfx and saying "ITS GOOD. ITS GOOD". it sounds like good humour, but he was a very creepy seeming guy.