Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: How long does ClarityFerm take to work?  (Read 1537 times)

Offline Richard

• Senior Brewmaster
How long does ClarityFerm take to work?
« on: June 05, 2017, 05:02:40 pm »
I don't want to start a war about whether ClarityFerm "works" to give clearer beer or to reduce gluten. I use it, and will continue to use it because my wife is gluten intolerant but can drink my beer without problems. The question is how long it takes this enzyme to complete its job. I usually start serving my batches 4 weeks after brewing: 2 weeks for fermentation and 2 weeks for bottle conditioning. I have noticed that sometimes clarity continues to increase with time for the next few weeks. Is this the ClarityFerm continuing to cleave proteins, or has that long finished and am I seeing the result of more flocculation of yeast? I have read lots of information on ClarityFerm, but nowhere have I seen anything about how long it takes to work.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 05:47:43 pm by Richard »
Original Gravity - that would be Newton's

Offline crichards018

• 1st Kit
Re: How long does ClarityFerm take to work?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2017, 08:05:44 pm »
I've been using it for years with great results, my wife has Celiac's as well. Over that time, I've gone from brew day to pitching in a week (English bitter) and the Clarity Ferm had worked it's magic. In my experience it works at least as fast as the yeast, and likely much faster!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk