Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Club Night 2017  (Read 10654 times)

Offline santoch

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Riverview, FL
Re: Club Night 2017
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2017, 07:15:54 pm »
I sometimes try to pick a theme at big beer events.  All Sours.  All Lagers, Weirdest thing on your menu, etc.  At GABF, I like hitting the breweries that nobody heard of.  You can really find some gems.  "Uncle Billy's Brew and Q" one year, for example.  They ended up with GABF bling for a Kellerbier or something that year, and everybody walked right past their booth.  I'm sure glad I stopped.

Looking for a club near my new house
BJCP GM3/Mead Judge

Offline jeffy

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Tampa, Fl
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2017, 05:10:25 pm »
Are they from Austin?  I had some very good beers and Q there a couple years ago.
Jeff Gladish, Tampa (989.3, 175.1 Apparent Rennarian)
Homebrewing since 1990
AHA member since 1991, now a lifetime member
BJCP judge since 1995

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2017, 08:40:16 pm »
Are they from Austin?  I had some very good beers and Q there a couple years ago.
Yes, they are on Barton Springs Drive just west of Lamar.
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline toby

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Galvez, LA
    • Beer Judge Chronicles
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2017, 02:30:22 pm »
Yes, they are on Barton Springs Drive just west of Lamar.

Trevor is a cool guy.

Offline Schemy

• 1st Kit
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2017, 09:36:42 am »
Well we had a blast at club night.  Not sure if anyone from this thread stopped by, but we were pretty busy most of the night.  Our beers were really well received, and we have 4 of our kegs pop.  We're trying to figure out the logistics for Portland, so that we can serve again next year. 
Schemy

Offline udubdawg

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2017, 09:52:08 am »
Well we had a blast at club night.  Not sure if anyone from this thread stopped by, but we were pretty busy most of the night.  Our beers were really well received, and we have 4 of our kegs pop.  We're trying to figure out the logistics for Portland, so that we can serve again next year.

unfortunately despite sharing a "wall" I never stopped by.  Busy busy.

As I doubt KCBM will bring all that stuff to Portland, I could probably help you out next year if your club decides to try to serve again.  I'll be doing an extended road trip and be looking for a spot to pour anyway.
cheers--
--Michael

Offline jeffy

• Tampa, Fl
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2017, 04:33:51 pm »

As I doubt KCBM will bring all that stuff to Portland, I could probably help you out next year if your club decides to try to serve again.  I'll be doing an extended road trip and be looking for a spot to pour anyway.
cheers--
--Michael
Which club booth was it?  I stopped by all of them for at least a little while.
Homebrewing since 1990
BJCP judge since 1995

Offline udubdawg

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2017, 06:14:46 pm »

cheers--
--Michael
Schemy was on the Nebraska side of the quad, while I was on the Kansas City side, usually functioning as bar-back keeping things filled. Most of the KC mead and all of the cider being poured were mine, though the lucky few there early got two delicious Amanda meads.
I dare say that anyone who had a Mead-hattan or mead-jito or Negroni Mead that night probably had something of mine.  8)

Offline jeffy

• Tampa, Fl
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2017, 07:02:00 pm »

cheers--
--Michael
Schemy was on the Nebraska side of the quad, while I was on the Kansas City side, usually functioning as bar-back keeping things filled. Most of the KC mead and all of the cider being poured were mine, though the lucky few there early got two delicious Amanda meads.
I dare say that anyone who had a Mead-hattan or mead-jito or Negroni Mead that night probably had something of mine.  8)
Is that where they had the "Covefe Hefe" the "Russian Golden Shower" and "Nobody Knew Cider Could Be So Complicated"?  I had some "Please Rid Me of this Meddlesome Schwartbier" as well as an Amanda mead - I think it was a melomel with some sort of berries.
Homebrewing since 1990
BJCP judge since 1995

Offline jeffy

• Tampa, Fl
« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2017, 07:02:32 pm »

cheers--
--Michael
Is that where they had the "Covefe Hefe" the "Russian Golden Shower" and "Nobody Knew Cider Could Be So Complicated"?  I had some "Please Rid Me of this Meddlesome Schwartbier" as well as an Amanda mead - I think it was a melomel with some sort of berries.
Homebrewing since 1990
BJCP judge since 1995

Offline udubdawg

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2017, 07:32:57 pm »
Heh, yeah that was us. We're not good with names - prefer to let the beer speak for itself - so just made up some silly stuff on the spot.
Cheers--
Michael

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2017, 08:24:04 pm »

cheers--
--Michael

I really liked the mead I had from Amanda.

Edit - your ciders did not suck!
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline barliman

• Cellarman
« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2017, 09:09:08 pm »
There were two stand out beers at club night for me. My favorite was a mild at the first booth on the left once you entered the hall ( may have been The east Sacramento brewers). It was serve yourself via picnic taps. I went back for that beer several times.

The other really good beer was a porter that I had while chatting with John palmer.  He said that that porter was the best beer he tasted at club night. Again, my memory is just a bit fuzzy, but it was from RAZE, SPHBC, or Cloudy Town Brewers.
Primary: Wingfoot v.3.0 (Waimea/Pacifica), Chinook IPA
Bottled/Kegged: Best Bitter
On Deck: BVIP, Swiss Czechtoberfest