Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Tapatalk sucks now  (Read 3127 times)

Offline erockrph

• I must live here
  • Chepachet, RI
    • The Hop WHisperer
Tapatalk sucks now
« on: June 12, 2017, 10:20:15 am »
I detest the in-line ads. This might be the straw that breaks the camel's back and gets me to uninstall. Are there any other forum apps out there?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Eric B.

Finally got around to starting a homebrewing blog: The Hop Whisperer

Big Monk

Re: Tapatalk sucks now
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2017, 10:44:38 am »
I detest the in-line ads. This might be the straw that breaks the camel's back and gets me to uninstall. Are there any other forum apps out there?

Tapatalk Pro is ad free and only $2.99

Offline erockrph

• I must live here
  • Chepachet, RI
    • The Hop WHisperer
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2017, 11:12:26 am »

Tapatalk Pro is ad free and only $2.99

They have moved to a subscription model ($0.99/month for "VIP" status). No way am I going to pay a subscription fee for one forum that I am already frequenting less and less as of late. Even the $2.99 one-time is tough to justify for buggy software that has often pushed out bad updates several times in the past.
Eric B.

Offline Stevie

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2017, 11:39:30 am »
The ads shouldn't be there for the AHA forum.

Offline 69franx

• Bloatarian Brewing League
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2017, 11:47:41 am »
Trust us, they are there. In the market for a new high end sports car, just click on the link in between posts or at the top and bottom of each and every page. Having access on my phone has been nice, but the online version is easier to use and navigate. i agree that it is a small price to pay, but I also only use tapatalk for the AHA forum. Think I'll just be spending more time on the forum online and really only use the app for posting pics. There was no warning either that I saw that this ad posting was coming, so it was a huge and disappointing realization to see all the ads, luckily I only clicked on one and immediately realized that it was just an ad. They look just like any other post, especially if you are just looking at unread posts. There are some odd ball topics and posts on this forum, and some of the ads blend in well despite their lack of cohesion with our common hobby. Disappointed Tapatalk user (former that is)
Frank L.
Fermenting: Nothing (ugh!)
Conditioning: Nothing (UGH!)
In keg: Nothing (Double UGH!)
In the works:  House IPA, Dark Mild, Ballantine Ale clone(still trying to work this one into the schedule)

Big Monk

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2017, 12:00:54 pm »
Trust us, they are there. In the market for a new high end sports car, just click on the link in between posts or at the top and bottom of each and every page. Having access on my phone has been nice, but the online version is easier to use and navigate. i agree that it is a small price to pay, but I also only use tapatalk for the AHA forum. Think I'll just be spending more time on the forum online and really only use the app for posting pics. There was no warning either that I saw that this ad posting was coming, so it was a huge and disappointing realization to see all the ads, luckily I only clicked on one and immediately realized that it was just an ad. They look just like any other post, especially if you are just looking at unread posts. There are some odd ball topics and posts on this forum, and some of the ads blend in well despite their lack of cohesion with our common hobby. Disappointed Tapatalk user (former that is)

I switched to Tapatalk pro about a month ago and beat the ads you guys are talking about. It's been seamless for me. I was on the fence about Tapatalk and the Pro version has me satisfied for the time being.

Offline Stevie

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2017, 12:10:28 pm »
Derek, that's cool if you read multiple forums and many have ads, but the AHA forum should be fee of ads.

Big Monk

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2017, 12:46:05 pm »
Derek, that's cool if you read multiple forums and many have ads, but the AHA forum should be fee of ads.

Oh for sure. Like I said, I had already switched to Pro to get rid of ads on my other forums so I must have missed them on the AHA when they started.

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2017, 12:49:12 pm »

Yeah, it should.  The AHA staff is at Homebrew Con this week, so they may not be able to look into it right away.  I'll try to remember to mention it at our meeting on Wed.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline erockrph

• I must live here
  • Chepachet, RI
    • The Hop WHisperer
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2017, 01:09:38 pm »

Yeah, it should.  The AHA staff is at Homebrew Con this week, so they may not be able to look into it right away.  I'll try to remember to mention it at our meeting on Wed.
Thanks, Denny!
Eric B.

Offline 69franx

• Bloatarian Brewing League
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2017, 09:49:54 pm »
As of right now, been on Tapatalk for like 5 minutes and have not seen an ad. Maybe it's been taken care of already

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Frank L.
Fermenting: Nothing (ugh!)
Conditioning: Nothing (UGH!)
In keg: Nothing (Double UGH!)
In the works:  House IPA, Dark Mild, Ballantine Ale clone(still trying to work this one into the schedule)

Offline tommymorris

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2017, 10:02:09 pm »
Ads disappeared for me a few hours ago.

Offline ethinson

• Brewmaster
  • Why is the beer always gone?
    • River Pirate Brewing Co.
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2017, 05:56:04 am »

I don't use the app, but this drives me nuts about websites.  Even what I would consider "legitimate" websites like ESPN and my local news.  Those "sponsored content" links that like exactly like the news stories and they have them like every third link.  It used to be just one at the very bottom that was easy to ignore, but now you have to scroll through 5 rows of "Local Banks hate him, what's his secret!?" and "She walked into the room and you won't believe what happened!!" before I can find the box score of a damn baseball game.  SO annoying. I know money talks, and that's how they drive revenue, but damn.  Makes me pine for the old days of a banner ad at the top of a page and nothing else.
SE Portland - AKA Beervana
Captain and Chief Deck Swabber - River Pirate Brewing Co.
Certified BJCP Beer Judge
2015 Oregon Brew Crew Member of the Year

Offline Gary Glass

• Brewer
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2017, 01:54:07 pm »
The AHA Forum should now be ad free on TapaTalk.  Please let us know if ads reappear. 
Gary Glass
Longmont, Colorado

Offline M-O-O-N That spells beer!

• Assistant Brewer
  • South Jersey
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2017, 09:02:10 pm »
I haven't seen any ads. Thanks for taking care of that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Na zdrowie!