Author Topic: About to Start Brewing Regularly  (Read 5044 times)

Offline Sasha

• Brewer
    • View Profile
Re: About to Start Brewing Regularly
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2017, 03:12:43 PM »
And this isn't a fermenting example, but like how Damania is used in the Original Margarita Recipe, and may give it an extra effect as it contains tons of Terpenes and everything. But does anyone know any recipes like that? Another example would be Absinthe. Does anyone know of a bunch of like cultural "Worm at the Bottom" type things, or things with Ritual/Ceremonial/Spiritual value?

Offline hannabrew

• Cellarman
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2017, 05:05:12 PM »
I can't believe I clicked on this

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Offline Sasha

• Brewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2017, 06:27:24 PM »

Can forum administrators and/or Sasha rename this topic so that attracts people who are interested in this thread?

The thread is not different than the title. If you somehow feel like you were tricked into clicking on something that is your own fault, I am not sure what you expected from a thread called "About to Start Brewing Regularly", but I don't think it's my fault if you didn't get it.

Offline Sasha

• Brewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2017, 06:45:38 PM »

Can forum administrators and/or Sasha rename this topic so that attracts people who are interested in this thread?

I don't know what it could be renamed to fully cover what is going on. Banana Champagne?

I think that is a little too specific right now. Right now I am just putting together a bunch of information for when I move in a few days so that we can have it all in one place. I think "About to Start Brewing Regularly" is the best title. I am not brewing anything yet, but in a few days I will be working to get started brewing. So I am putting together a thread with information about brewing that I might need, and that other people can maybe use, and I will buy a few 6 Gallon Carboys my first or second day moving in, then I will get some Honey to make Mead, and Bananas to make Banana Wine and maybe Banana Beer/Cider/Champagne, then I will be making Sangria Wine with Distiller's Yeast, and then maybe something like Rice Wine, and a few other things.

So I don't think "Banana Champagne" would cover everything in this thread, but maybe a future thread after I get the Bananas.

Offline Sasha

• Brewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2017, 06:46:52 PM »
And what do you guys think about using Bananas, and a Banana Yeast? Has anyone ever heard of anyone doing that? And I have read about people using Graham Crackers and stuff in the ferment in order to get other flavors, like Banana Bread and everything, and I was wondering what all can be used that way, have people used baking mixes and things like that?
I was curious.  It was raining outside.  So, I consulted "Mr Google" and found that ...

HomeBrewTalk has had a number of interesting (and recent) threads on this idea over the last couple of years.

Read the first page of this thread, those threads are linked on the first page. It's not like I didn't read those already. And I am pretty sure no one in those threads has mixed both Bananas and Banana Yeast, they just do one or the other.

Offline Sasha

• Brewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2017, 07:22:18 PM »
And these look interesting. Trappist Recipes.
http://byo.com/mead/item/1525-trappist-ale

Offline Sasha

• Brewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2017, 07:27:46 PM »
And they call this thing a "Biodiesel Inductor" but it's really just a giant fermenting tank. Has anyone ever seen anyone use something like this? It's not even expensive for its size.
https://www.ntotank.com/55gallon-acerotomold-white-inductor-cone-bottom-tank-x7191852?gclid=CJz3poiA4tQCFQS4wAodYB0MMQ

Big Monk

« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2017, 07:28:56 PM »
With all due respect to what you are trying to accomplish, are you sure a massive info dump like this on a public forum is the right thing to do? Maybe put all your stuff in Google Drive? As it stands right now, this information is hard to follow and it doesn't seem that you have even a clear idea of what you are trying to accomplish.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Offline Sasha

• Brewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2017, 07:33:38 PM »
With all due respect to what you are trying to accomplish, are you sure a massive info dump like this on a public forum is the right thing to do? Maybe put all your stuff in Google Drive? As it stands right now, this information is hard to follow and it doesn't seem that you have even a clear idea of what you are trying to accomplish.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I know what I want to accomplish, and no, I think what is not necessary is all the people commenting that have nothing to say. If you do not want to read this, don't read it. Obviously you have some kind of interest in what you are reading or you would just ignore it.

And I know exactly what I am doing. I am getting 3x 6 Gallon Carboys in a few days, and I will be making Cider, and Wine with Distiller's Yeast, and then I will start making Banana stuff and Mead, etc. Then I will start making other things from there.

How is that hard to follow?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 07:47:10 PM by Sasha »

Offline Sasha

• Brewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2017, 07:36:29 PM »
I think you guys are confused. This 3rd page started with me answering someone. Someone said "Well, your doing what you are doing, do you have any questions for us" then I wrote some questions.

I think you guys read the questions and are running with the idea that those questions are what the thread is about. I was just responding to someone, those questions are not the topic of the thread.

Offline goschman

• Official Poobah of No Life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2017, 08:09:47 PM »
This is honestly the strangest thread I have ever seen. Monk's idea of compiling a bunch of information on a document or on google drive is a pretty good one. No disrespect meant.
On Tap/Bottled: Hazy IPA, BraunBier, Berry Belgian Cider, Pilsner, Doppelbraun                

Fermenting:
Up Next: Red Rye Ale, Black Lager

Offline reverseapachemaster

• Official Poobah of No Life.
    • View Profile
    • Brain Sparging on Brewing
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2017, 08:19:48 PM »
Well I for one look forward to more information about banana champagne.
Heck yeah I blog about homebrewing: Brain Sparging on Brewing

Offline Sasha

• Brewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2017, 08:34:23 PM »
Well I for one look forward to more information about banana champagne.

I can't believe Banana Beer and all that isn't already really common. I was reading about it and apparently there is only one brewery out of the Netherlands that brews it for international consumption. It really seems like this is something that would be really popular if more companies did it.