Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Bru'n Water - Reverse Osmosis  (Read 4412 times)

Offline zsmith87

• Cellarman
Bru'n Water - Reverse Osmosis
« on: June 27, 2017, 09:32:26 am »
Moving to a town with water being sourced from multiple wells, so I've decided to buy a R/O Filter.

Need to ask this - when using Bru'n water, (assuming this R/O filter works as it should) - do I just leave the water input blank? I've never used R/O before and looking forward to it, but also obviously want to make sure it's done correctly.

Thanks.

Offline Stevie

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Re: Bru'n Water - Reverse Osmosis
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2017, 09:35:01 am »
 There is an option for dilution. Set it to RO and the percentage to 100%. It makes some assumptions, but you can tweak the profile if you want.

Offline zigs6

• Cellarman
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2017, 11:44:41 am »
+1
You can set your dilution water to R/O or distilled. Then just make your dilution 100% and you're all set.

Offline joeinma

• Cellarman
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2017, 08:55:36 am »
Yes on the water report input tab you can leave that blank and then on the water adjustment tab, select RO under dilution water and set to 100%.   The instructions page of Bru'n Water states this:

"If Reverse Osmosis (RO) or Distilled Water is the brewer's primary water source, then input on Sheet 1 can be skipped and the brewer can move directly to Sheets 2, 3, and 4.  Select either RO or Distilled from the Dilution Water Profile selection and set the dilution percentage to 100 percent on both the Sparge Acidification and Water Adjustment sheets.  The water adjustments can then be properly entered to create the desired water profile."