Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Why I brew  (Read 1485 times)

Offline chumley

• Senior Brewmaster
Why I brew
« on: June 28, 2017, 11:10:48 pm »
Today started as an ordinary work day, with the exception of knowing that I was driving to a public meeting an hour and a half away that was scheduled to start at 6 pm, with my client, a federal government employee, to to provide technical support to him as needed as he defends his agencies decisions to the public of this town.  So it is going to be a long day, but so what?  It is only 8 days past the longest day of the year,

First sign of bad news was that he called to tell me that his autistic son, who is 13 years old, is coming along, and we will be dropping him off at his brother in laws house at a town an hour away on the way.  Kid plays endlessly with games with a running commentary, while my client yacks above him in oblivion.

Then we get eviscerated at the public meeting for 2.5 hours. Okay, that's what we get paid to do.

We drive the half hour to pick up the autistic kid.  He has a meltdown that he has to buy fireworks.  I drive them to the nearest fireworks stand, where they argue about how much he can spend for 20 minutes.

Finally get home at 10:40 pm.  Kiss my wife hello, then trot down to the basement to pour a delicious 8.5% half liter of tripel from my kegerator.

Now 11:10, and the beer is gone.  I am ready to go to bed.   :)

Offline yso191

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Yakima, WA
Re: Why I brew
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2017, 01:09:46 am »
 I'm with you bro. You have to find your little slices of pleasure where you can.
Steve
BJCP #D1667

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.” ― G.K. Chesterton

Offline ethinson

• Brewmaster
  • Why is the beer always gone?
    • River Pirate Brewing Co.
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2017, 05:56:33 am »
My wife is a community mental health counselor.  Self care is real.  In the end you gotta take care of yourself cause no one else is gonna do it.  Friends and family help, but you gotta be proactive in letting yourself unplug.

Thanks for doing what sounds like a very thankless job.
SE Portland - AKA Beervana
Captain and Chief Deck Swabber - River Pirate Brewing Co.
Certified BJCP Beer Judge
2015 Oregon Brew Crew Member of the Year

Offline reverseapachemaster

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
    • Brain Sparging on Brewing
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2017, 08:34:16 am »
My job makes me drink too
Heck yeah I blog about homebrewing: Brain Sparging on Brewing

Offline Visor

• Brewmaster
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2017, 08:49:08 am »
   Fortunately I don't need a job to have an excuse to drink - cuz I aint got no job! ;) Oooh, maybe I have an excuse after all  ;D.
I spent most of my money on beer, tools and guns, the rest I foolishly squandered on stupid stuff!

narvin

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2017, 12:55:45 pm »

Offline Visor

• Brewmaster
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2017, 08:16:25 pm »
 Where do I go to hire on?
I spent most of my money on beer, tools and guns, the rest I foolishly squandered on stupid stuff!