Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Enartis  (Read 15132 times)

Offline Sasha

• Brewer
Re: Enartis
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2017, 08:24:50 am »
And I am not saying I just posted it here, I also posted about it in all the Facebook groups about Wine, and on Google Plus. And it doesn't seem like anyone has ever gone through them before. It's not just you guys, no one really knows about this company.

Offline Stevie

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2017, 08:26:57 am »
Could be that most people don't want 500g bricks of yeast. 10g sachets are less than a $1 and readily available.

Offline Sasha

• Brewer
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2017, 08:37:12 am »
Could be that most people don't want 500g bricks of yeast. 10g sachets are less than a $1 and readily available.

No. I am pretty sure it is because of where they are in their business.

They remind me a lot of the company that I work for. The company I work for is owned buy a Telegu Indian man and his Iranian wife, and everyone that works for the company is a Telegu Indian except for me and a 70 year old America lady that also works there. And we do Government contracts for Government software, like how at the Library you can look up books, or the Police can look you or your car up, or the DMV can look you up, and Schools have different systems like for lunch accounts, and the library, and grades and everything. And then there are Airports and Travel companies and Healthcare systems. So our company does that, and they have been doing it since like 1995, but they are hardly known by anyone. Xerox and Oracle and Canon all know about the company, and contract us out to do Government contracts for them, and they just put their name and financial information on it, and we do all the real work. And we are hardly on Social Media, because the boss doesn't want to pay anyone a good amount of money to do Social Media stuff. So while our company does $50,000,000 contracts sometimes, it is still a pretty small company. With Offices in a few countries and not really a lot of employees.

And their Health Insurance Exchange was called the best in the nation. So while the Obamacare website failed and the rollout stalled, the State that the company I work for made was working perfectly. I can't talk about what State because I signed an NDA, but this Wine company reminds me a lot of the company I work for.

They are a company that has been around for a while and branched out of an older company, they have locations all over the world, they are Italian, they are probably the lifeline to a good number of Wineries in California, who probably couldn't operate without them.

I think this company is a good choice. I am looking for Esters from my Yeast and it looks like they have Esters.

Offline Stevie

« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2017, 09:22:55 am »
All yeasts produce esters and those wine yeasts may or may not perform as well in cider as they do in wine must.

Those are very large commercial pitches of dry yeast. 50+ times the amount most home winemakers would want. Even those with multiple barrels would need 10 wine barrels to need that much yeast.

Buying 500 grams of yeast is like buying a 50lb sack of flour to make a couple of donuts. Look for smaller packs. Cotes des Blanc is very popular with cider makers.

Cote des Blancs Wine Yeast - 10 Packs https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0086FSKY4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_5pqxzbETKKAGF

Offline Sasha

• Brewer
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2017, 09:32:56 am »
All yeasts produce esters and those wine yeasts may or may not perform as well in cider as they do in wine must.

Those are very large commercial pitches of dry yeast. 50+ times the amount most home winemakers would want. Even those with multiple barrels would need 10 wine barrels to need that much yeast.

Buying 500 grams of yeast is like buying a 50lb sack of flour to make a couple of donuts. Look for smaller packs. Cotes des Blanc is very popular with cider makers.

Cote des Blancs Wine Yeast - 10 Packs https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0086FSKY4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_5pqxzbETKKAGF

I know it is a lot of Yeast. In the past I always used Distiller's Yeast though, so I know how much 500g is because I have always gotten 500g before. But with this much I will be able to use it and give it to other people, so that other people can use it. And I will be able to use it for the next year or so, and I will be able to propagate it and create my own yeast strain.

And they are not just for Grape Wine. The WS Yeast says that it compliments any fruit because it has fruit and spice esters. That is what I am using the WS for Bananas and Mead, etc. Then the ES 123 is a strong Apple, Pear, Flower smell, and suggests that it can be used "To bring an aroma and flavor to" completely neutral grapes. So grapes with no character are given the character of Apples and Pears and Flowers with the ES 123, so to use it with Apples will be good.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 09:34:58 am by Sasha »

Offline Stevie

« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2017, 09:37:10 am »
But those esters from wine must may or may not be present when fermenting apple or other juice. Esters requires precursors and those precursors will vary from fruit to fruit.

Keeping a 500g brick free of contamination will be a challenge.

Offline Sasha

• Brewer
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2017, 09:46:14 am »
But those esters from wine must may or may not be present when fermenting apple or other juice. Esters requires precursors and those precursors will vary from fruit to fruit.

Keeping a 500g brick free of contamination will be a challenge.

I am pretty sure when they suggest "Neutral grapes" they are pretty much just saying "all you need is sugar". Maybe not, but you can make Benzos from sugar (there is a Glucose or Fructose to Benzo something recipe that a Doctor in the EU released), so you can make a lot of stuff from sugar. It has a big ring already formed and everything, like a Phenol or a Benzene or a Indole. Sugar just doesn't have the tail.

And Esters are usually just Acids and Benzenes, and there is Malic Acid in Apples, and the same sugar as grapes has. Grapes have Tartaric Acid, Citric Acids and Malic Acid. So in the "Apple, Pear, Flower" trio, maybe the fact that there is only one Acid may effect the presence of each one of the 3, but one of them (I am assuming Apple, from the Malic Acid) should be present "intensely" like it claims.

And there were no reviews that I could find online, but in the profile they posted of the Yeast, there were quotes (customer testimony) from Cider making companies in Italy, and all kinds of companies. Not just Wineries.

Offline Stevie

« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2017, 09:50:14 am »
Do what you want bro, but that's a big shell out with little practical reviews. I'd recommend starting with the packets you can get from your LHBS, but obviously you know more than us.

Offline Sasha

• Brewer
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2017, 09:50:46 am »
Plus, I am still getting a Cider Yeast from Austin Texas. So I will have a yeast specifically meant for Cider. I just have not ordered that yet, I already ordered from Enartis, so I thought I would share everything I found about it, then take pictures when it gets here, then show everyone how it works out.

Offline Sasha

• Brewer
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2017, 09:54:12 am »
Do what you want bro, but that's a big shell out with little practical reviews. I'd recommend starting with the packets you can get from your LHBS, but obviously you know more than us.

It's not bad. I am growing Tobacco and Peppers and all kinds of other plants right now also, and I don't want to use something that everyone already uses, and I don't think many men are interested in Esters like I am. So it may not make sense to someone that Brews beer and when they hear the word "Ferment" they think "Beer".

Offline Stevie

« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2017, 09:56:14 am »
Yeah, men don't like esters.

Big Monk

« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2017, 10:22:04 am »
Yeah, men don't like esters.

I personally don't like Alices or Maggies but YMMV.

Offline Sasha

• Brewer
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2017, 10:22:47 am »
And btw, the Cider I am getting is Mangrove Jack M02. So much more common. Also 500g though. The WS and ES 123 are going to be for Wine and Champagne though.

M02 goes to about 12%, ES 123 goes to about 14%, and WS goes to about 18%. So I could even use all 3. And I want to breed those with another Species, and some Trappist Yeast and Banana Yeast.

Offline Iliff Ave

« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2017, 10:25:06 am »
And btw, the Cider I am getting is Mangrove Jack M02. So much more common. Also 500g though. The WS and ES 123 are going to be for Wine and Champagne though.

M02 goes to about 12%, ES 123 goes to about 14%, and WS goes to about 18%. So I could even use all 3. And I want to breed those with another Species, and some Trappist Yeast and Banana Yeast.

Where does one find banana yeast? Is that what you are using to make your Banana beer/champagne grog?
On Tap/Bottled: IPL, Adjunct Vienna, Golden Stout, Honey Lager
Fermenting: IPA
Up Next: mexi lager, Germerican pale ale

Offline Sasha

• Brewer
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2017, 10:33:56 am »

Where does one find banana yeast? Is that what you are using to make your Banana beer/champagne grog?

No, I am going to use the Wine and Champagne Yeast for the Bananas. Banana Yeast is the Belgian ones. I have a list.

Banana Yeasts (Ferment Warm, 70-ish)
http://www.northernbrewer.com/safale-wb-06
https://www.mibrewsupply.com/wyeast-3068-weihenstephan-weizen-yeast?gclid=CL7NibSo3dQCFcGGaQodQ4YAPw
https://www.williamsbrewing.com/WLP300-HEFEWEIZEN-ALE-YEAST-P2957.aspx?gclid=CPCv64Kp3dQCFViewAodcIsAfA
https://www.mibrewsupply.com/white-labs-wlp320-american-hefe-ale-yeast?gclid=CLv5-8Cp3dQCFYO6wAodUuAICA
http://www.northernbrewer.com/wyeast-belgian-abbey