Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Enartis  (Read 15004 times)

Online chumley

• Senior Brewmaster
Re: Enartis
« Reply #45 on: July 05, 2017, 11:28:43 am »
Back in the day, on the old B&V, there was a poster from Sweden who went by the handle of "Fredrik."  Does anyone else who remembers those days note the resemblance?   ;)

Offline Sasha

• Brewer
« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2017, 11:46:45 am »
Here are the Recipes I am going to use.

Recipes

Bananas

I will either use 6 Gallon Carboys or 5 Gallon buckets for the Bananas.

Here is how I am going to juice the Bananas for the Banana batch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9sS2MT21sc

But instead of filtering it like he does at the end, I will just brew the Bananas with the Amylase Enzyme, and at the end I will filter them out with Bubble Bags (Silk Screens) once the fermentation is finished.

Then I will ferment it maybe adding a few lbs of sugar (I'll find the perfect amount after a few batches), and then maybe do a Champagne type fermenting stage, to create the Bubbles. Or eventually just get a Keg and pump the CO2 in.  I have read about people using Graham Crackers and stuff in the ferment in order to get other flavors, like Banana Bread and everything, so I might try that on one of the batches.

I will be using 5 Gallon buckets or 6 Gallon Carboys, so these batches will vary with the Yeast used. I may use Cider Yeast sometimes, I may use ES 123, and I may use WS, or any combination of the 3.

Apples

With the Cider, I am going to use this recipe:

5 Gallons 100% Juice
Enough Concentrate to make 60 Gallons of Juice
4 lbs of Sugar
4 lbs of Brown Sugar
4 lbs of Cinnamon Sticks
Water until it is about 50 gallons

Mangrove Jack M02 Cider Yeast
Then I will transfer about 20-30 Gallons into 5 Gallon buckets, filtered through Silk Screens, and the rest will go into bottles and be fermented with ES 123, WS or both.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 11:49:16 am by Sasha »

Offline bayareabrewer

• Brewmaster
« Reply #47 on: July 05, 2017, 12:04:27 pm »
sounds delicious

Offline Sasha

• Brewer
« Reply #48 on: July 05, 2017, 12:08:39 pm »
I am still working on a Mead Recipe. I'm trying to find the thing that is to Mead that Cinnamon is to Cider. It seems like most people use different kinds of Berries, so I just have to find the right one.

Offline Stevie

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Enartis
« Reply #49 on: July 05, 2017, 12:10:43 pm »
sounds delicious
Of all the info posted, the banana juice is the only bit that really makes sense or interest me. I'd be down to try it.

Offline Sasha

• Brewer
« Reply #50 on: July 05, 2017, 12:13:44 pm »
I am also going to try a batch of Cider with 1 Gallon of Caramel made from Brown Sugar. Just not the first one and I don't know if I will do it regularly.

Offline bayareabrewer

• Brewmaster
« Reply #51 on: July 05, 2017, 12:22:24 pm »
sounds delicious
Of all the info posted, the banana juice is the only bit that really makes sense or interest me. I'd be down to try it.

yeah, not really sure what fermentation does to banana flavor. Everything else sounds like prison hooch.

Offline Stevie

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #52 on: July 05, 2017, 12:25:39 pm »
sounds delicious

yeah, not really sure what fermentation does to banana flavor. Everything else sounds like prison hooch.
That sums up my fear with the banana juice as well. It could end up a nasty fusel mess. Nutrients will for sure be added at cider quantities. I think I might try it next time I see the $1 bag of ripe bananas at the grocery story.

Offline Sasha

• Brewer
« Reply #53 on: July 05, 2017, 12:27:09 pm »
sounds delicious

Lol. The Banana flavor stays strong, it's the same thing as Pear. It's Isoamyl Acetate, and it stays around during and after fermentation and doesn't break down.

And Prison Hooch is made from rotting bread and orange juice, maybe with some sugar packs if someone is diabetic.

There is a sticky thread on this website too where people talk about making Cider from Juice. So I see where you are trying to make the leap that Juice makes "hooch", but this is a very common way to make Cider.

Offline Sasha

• Brewer
« Reply #54 on: July 05, 2017, 12:31:46 pm »
And I will use Apples eventually. I just have to find a good B2B website for Apples, and get a Cider press and everything. Then I can choose my Apple strains and everything too. But Apple Juice is not really different from Apples, you just don't get to pick the strain.

Offline Sasha

• Brewer
« Reply #55 on: July 05, 2017, 12:35:27 pm »
Bananas are already pretty cheap. You can order 40 lbs for $30. You have to peel them and everything, but even $60 for all the fruit for 1 maybe 1.5 ferments would be ok.

Offline Sasha

• Brewer
« Reply #56 on: July 05, 2017, 12:37:28 pm »
I think you guys are just mad because you think this Yeast is going to be awesome, and you want to bury it in 30 pages of complaining.

Offline Sasha

• Brewer
« Reply #57 on: July 05, 2017, 12:47:57 pm »
Btw, earlier someone was saying 500g was too much to invest in. So here is a 4oz bag of WS if anyone wants to get some.
http://www.thebeveragepeople.com/4-oz-wine-yeast-enartis-ferm-ws-williams-selyem-details.html

And I am going to make 10g bags and give it out so that people can start culturing it and spreading it.

Big Monk

Enartis
« Reply #58 on: July 05, 2017, 12:48:22 pm »
I think you guys are just mad because you think this Yeast is going to be awesome, and you want to bury it in 30 pages of complaining.

You nailed it. This yeast will make some awesome stuff and I can't handle it.

Offline Sasha

• Brewer
« Reply #59 on: July 05, 2017, 01:00:04 pm »

You nailed it. This yeast will make some awesome stuff and I can't handle it.

Have you even actually commented on where it came from, or anything from the website it came from, or the company that made it? Or are you just complaining? Either you have some kind of feelings or you are a troll. I don't mean to offend you if that is offensive, it's just that I am not sure you have even used the word "Enartis" in this whole discussion, and that is the Yeast company we are talking about.

You complained that I didn't use one of the commonly used companies here, then just kept finding new complaints from there, and you have made absolutely Zero points about the topic of the thread.