Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Experimental Brewing Podcast Episode 44 - Pocket Pitching Seals  (Read 1340 times)

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
https://www.experimentalbrew.com/podcast/episode-44-pocket-pitching-seals-updated

We start, as always, with your feedback and recap our successful charity effort, before we head to the Pub, where we reminisce about HomeBrewCon and what we did and enjoyed. We talk about a new seal (no not that one - that's later) and about Russian River's success and planned sale.

In the library, Drew takes a little bit of time to talk about Patrick McGovern, the Indiana Jones of Beer, and his latest book, Ancient Brews.

In the lab, we break down the results of our UnderPitch experiment - what went right and how Drew sorta, kinda goofed part of the whole thing. (Yeah, he's fired). What does happen when the freshest yeast you can get meets wor in two very  different quantities?

Then in the Lounge, it's another double dose of interviews - first, live from the Southern California Homebrewers Fest, Drew and Marshall Schott (Brülosophy) interview Joshua Kunkle about his portable pocket randall infuser with a less than work safe name! Then, Denny and Drew sit down with Bob Pease, the CEO of the Brewers Association about the newly introduced "Independent Beer" seal (note - not craft beer seal as Denny states).

We skip over questions this week (Hey, Episode 48 is a Q&A - get some questions to us!) We do drop a quick tip and Drew reminds us why movie trailers can remind you of some awesomely non-family friendly music. (Seriously!)
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline PatrickMMurray

• 1st Kit
Re: Experimental Brewing Podcast Episode 44 - Pocket Pitching Seals
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017, 11:28:04 am »
Was it just me, or was the audio from Bob Pease muffled? I could hear Drew, but it sounded like a one-sided conversation. At least on my phone.

Offline dbeechum

• Global Moderator
  • I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Pasadena, CA
    • Experimental Brewing
Re: Experimental Brewing Podcast Episode 44 - Pocket Pitching Seals
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2017, 11:47:37 am »
Was it just me, or was the audio from Bob Pease muffled? I could hear Drew, but it sounded like a one-sided conversation. At least on my phone.
Our initial render had an issue. We updated yesterday morning - like 9:30AM PDT or so. If you go back and check it should be better!
Drew Beechum - Maltosefalcons.com
- Vote in the AHA GC Election! - http://bit.ly/1aV9GVd  -
-----
Burbling:
Gnome is in the Details
*Experimental Brewing - The Book*
Tap:
Peanut Butter Jelly Time
Tupelo Mead
Farmhouse Brett Saison

Offline PatrickMMurray

• 1st Kit