Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Special Delivery from The Beerery  (Read 3488 times)

Big Monk

Special Delivery from The Beerery
« on: July 17, 2017, 08:25:47 pm »
Bryan hooked me up unexpectedly this past weekend with some of the dynamite beers he's making in that basement of his. He even hooked me up with a a Die Beerery Maß:

You know, some small part of (very small at this point) still thought that maybe what I was tasting in my beers was in my head. Not only do I have zero doubt now, I have some work to do........

Pale Ale is easily in my top 3 best IPA/APA I've ever had. Great color. Aroma of an IPA with drinkability and smooth flavor of an APA.

Märzen was also excellent. Nice faint sulfur nose out of the can. Flavor was subtle sweetness on the front of the palate with slight caramel and fresh biscuits. Could taste the Sauergut clear as day on the swallow. For a guy who is in a lager drought right now, this was a revelation.

Bryan, you already know what's up. You'll have a package coming your way in the near future........

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Offline lupulus

• Brewer
  • Think like a proton, stay positive!
Re: Special Delivery from The Beerery
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 08:32:17 pm »
cool

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”  Neil deGrasse Tyson

Offline Westley

• Cellarman
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 08:33:05 pm »
Oh, that looks so good! Can we develop a cyber-tasting technology now?

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2017, 06:29:39 am »
Very cool. Beers look great
Jon H.

Big Monk

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2017, 06:52:56 am »

They held up well. He overnighted them so there was not a ton of travel, but who knows the type of abuse they went through. They tasted fantastic so as far as QC type stuff is concerned, i'd say they hold up well in the can.

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2017, 07:26:13 am »

They held up well. He overnighted them so there was not a ton of travel, but who knows the type of abuse they went through. They tasted fantastic so as far as QC type stuff is concerned, i'd say they hold up well in the can.

Yeah. I don't doubt his packaging is stellar. Pretty cool.
Jon H.

Offline zwiller

• Brewmaster
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2017, 08:28:27 am »
You suck :P
Sam
Sandusky, OH

The Beerery

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2017, 09:07:39 am »
HEH.

Actually I packed the cans 1 week apart, and sent samples via 2 day.

Offline BrodyR

• Brewmaster
  • Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2017, 10:54:11 am »
Very cool

narvin

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2017, 02:26:35 pm »
So I guess you're pleased with the shelf life of your cans?  Very cool.

Offline beersk

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • In the night!
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2021, 07:02:40 pm »
I didn't know this thread existed or else I would have posted back then. Heh, that's funny...

These beers were definitely excellent.
Jesse

Offline caesduman

• 1st Kit
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2021, 09:50:46 am »
The color of the beer is gorgeous. Great result from Brian, not even considering that it's a homemade beer from the cellar. I really appreciate homebrewers because they are the only ones you can buy genuine and natural beer from today. Drinking store-bought beer or beer at a bar with a 200% markup isn't a pleasant experience. So I would love to order from 10 cans. I knew a couple of guys I ordered beers with delivery from. Still, I had a conflict with them as the delivery was delayed, and I got a claim when I asked for a refund. Although I use sendungsverfolgungpost.de and can see the location of the package.

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2021, 10:24:11 am »
The color of the beer is gorgeous. Great result from Brian, not even considering that it's a homemade beer from the cellar. I really appreciate homebrewers because they are the only ones you can buy genuine and natural beer from today. Drinking store-bought beer or beer at a bar with a 200% markup isn't a pleasant experience. So I would love to order from 10 cans. I knew a couple of guys I ordered beers with delivery from. Still, I had a conflict with them as the delivery was delayed, and I got a claim when I asked for a refund. Although I use sendungsverfolgungpost.de and can see the location of the package.

You can't buy homebrew.  It's illegal to sell it.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline dmtaylor

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Lord Idiot the Lazy
    • YEAST MASTER Perma-Living
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2021, 11:56:03 am »

True in the USA.  Might not necessarily be true in other nations (I am not sure about Germany).
Dave

The world will become a much more pleasant place to live when each and every one of us realizes that we are all idiots.

Offline Bel Air Brewing

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2021, 12:03:27 pm »

True in the USA.  Might not necessarily be true in other nations (I am not sure about Germany).

But you can give it away! As we often do, 5 gallons at a time. Just gave a way 10 gallons to a neighbor. He has them on tap in his bar now.