Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Our system  (Read 4870 times)

Offline oscar36

• 1st Kit
Our system
« on: March 29, 2017, 12:04:35 pm »
We made a 20 gallon set up with 26 gallon kettles, fermentation chamber and a newly added glycol wort chilling set up.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Offline blatz

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Paul Blatz - Jupiter, FL
Re: Our system
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2017, 12:29:22 pm »
sweet setup. 

how quickly does the glycol chill it down?
The happiest people don’t necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have.

BJCP National: F0281

Offline oscar36

• 1st Kit
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2017, 01:06:13 pm »
We had the glycol at 40°F and to chill down 20 gallons of wort it took 30 mins. It would be nice to know what other people with a similar set up are getting for chill times.

Offline blatz

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Paul Blatz - Jupiter, FL
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2017, 01:37:51 pm »
We had the glycol at 40°F and to chill down 20 gallons of wort it took 30 mins. It would be nice to know what other people with a similar set up are getting for chill times.

your question may be directed towards people who have a similar chilling system, i.e. glycol, so apologies if so.  I have a similar system otherwise, but i don't use glycol - i run a double ganged counterflow chiller, one with groundwater and one with ice water on a continuous loop from my HLT. 

I get 12gal of wort to 50df in about 20-25min. 
The happiest people don’t necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have.

BJCP National: F0281

Offline Frankenbrew

• Brewmaster
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2017, 07:21:45 am »
It looks like your system is in the basement. Do you brew there? What do you have for ventilation?
Frank C.

And thereof comes the proverb: 'Blessing of your
heart, you brew good ale.'

Offline oscar36

• 1st Kit
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2017, 08:45:50 am »
It looks like your system is in the basement. Do you brew there? What do you have for ventilation?
We are in a garage

Offline drumminguy81

• 1st Kit
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2017, 01:22:54 am »
I am using glycol with my chiller but slightly different, I have 2 thermonator chillers, one I run glycol through and pre chill my ground water. The water then goes to my second chiller to chil the wort. I do a single pass with the wort and typically can chil 20 gallons from boil to about 70* in 15-20 minutes. I just recently picked up a counter flow similar to yours to try in place of one thermonator mainly for ease of cleaning.. we'll see if it changes anything.. nice system!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk