Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Happy Nat'l Chicken Wing Day!  (Read 6807 times)

Offline JT

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Bloatarian Brewing League - Cincinnati, OH
    • Bloatarian Brewing League
Re: Happy Nat'l Chicken Wing Day!
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2017, 03:39:15 pm »
Jon, it's fantastic!

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2017, 03:41:18 pm »
Jon, it's fantastic!

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

Awesome, JT!  Glad you like it. I'm addicted to those flavors.   :)
Jon H.

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2017, 04:12:30 pm »
Another use for this Korean sauce - fusion Korean/Mexican tacos (West coast taco truck-style). I charcoal grilled some thin sliced, brined pork loin today, then diced and tossed with the sauce. Added to corn tortillas, with kimchee, sesame seeds, chopped onion, cilantro, and lime wedges. May sound weird but it works big time. Killer tacos.
Jon H.

Offline pete b

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Barre, Ma
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2017, 06:19:21 pm »
Another use for this Korean sauce - fusion Korean/Mexican tacos (West coast taco truck-style). I charcoal grilled some thin sliced, brined pork loin today, then diced and tossed with the sauce. Added to corn tortillas, with kimchee, sesame seeds, chopped onion, cilantro, and lime wedges. May sound weird but it works big time. Killer tacos.
Sounds amazing, I'll have to try something like that.
Don't let the bastards cheer you up.

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2017, 06:35:39 pm »

Yeah, it really works, Pete. Obviously Mexican and many Asian cuisines share spicy sauces, cilantro, and lime flavors. Pretty complimentary flavors.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 06:37:46 pm by HoosierBrew »
Jon H.

Offline JT

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Bloatarian Brewing League - Cincinnati, OH
    • Bloatarian Brewing League
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2017, 09:51:44 pm »
I like versatile foods.  When I smoke up a pork butt we used the meat in everything from bbq sandwiches to banh mi and tacos as well.  The rub is simple and the flavors go well with a wide variety of foods.  Equal parts kosher salt, ground black pepper, paprika, brown sugar. 

Offline BrewBama

« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2017, 03:48:35 pm »
I like versatile foods.  When I smoke up a pork butt we used the meat in everything from bbq sandwiches to banh mi and tacos as well.  The rub is simple and the flavors go well with a wide variety of foods.  Equal parts kosher salt, ground black pepper, paprika, brown sugar. 

+1. My fav thing to do is repurpose the leftovers into a totally new completely different meal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline BrewBama

« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2017, 03:49:25 pm »

+1. My fav thing to do is repurpose the leftovers into a totally new completely different meal. I rarely use more than salt and pepper.

Offline pete b

• Barre, Ma
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2017, 05:09:29 pm »

Yeah, it really works, Pete. Obviously Mexican and many Asian cuisines share spicy sauces, cilantro, and lime flavors. Pretty complimentary flavors.
I can't stop thinking about these tacos. I want to make them with scallin pancakes instead of tortillas.
Don't let the bastards cheer you up.

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2017, 05:15:26 pm »

I can't stop thinking about these tacos. I want to make them with scallin pancakes instead of tortillas.

Mmmm, sounds great. That would have to be tasty.
Jon H.