Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Corona Extra clone  (Read 1795 times)

Offline JasSad71

• 1st Kit
Corona Extra clone
« on: August 07, 2017, 01:54:22 pm »
 Hi, I am new to this kind of brewing, I have used Mr. Beer products since 2003. I recently purchased a basic beer/wine making kit, with primary fermenter, 6 gallon carboy, and other assorted goodies.

I recently purchased a Corona clone, and then found out the supplier had generic/different temperature requirements on the printout, than what was on their website, and they said they don't really have experience with a lager. I don't have anyway to chill my wort at this time, and am wondering, is there a way I can make this without chilling, or what would it taste like if I made it without chilling.

I hate to wait until fall/winter and try it in the basement where it's cooler, but that's about the only choice I have at this time. I am disabled, so money is about non-existent, for buying any new equipment.

Offline sn00ky

• 1st Kit
Re: Corona Extra clone
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2017, 02:23:04 pm »
Could try using swamp cooler method, likely have everything around the house you need, and keep water cooled with ice or frozen plastic bottles of ice.  Container or bucket bigger than your primary and a t shirt .  Quick good image search and off to the brewing ya go

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

Offline reverseapachemaster

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
    • Brain Sparging on Brewing
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2017, 08:26:58 am »
You'll have no problems fermenting a lager with 34/70 in the 60s if you can get that cool; but Corona has a particular taste that is partially fermentation driven and I don't think 34/70 gets you there.

Otherwise you really need to get the beer cool and keep it there through primary fermentation. I couldn't keep fermenting beer in the 50s during the summer myself but maybe you can with the swamp cooler method. Otherwise just hang on to the kit until cooler weather hits.
Heck yeah I blog about homebrewing: Brain Sparging on Brewing

Offline JasSad71

• 1st Kit
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2017, 04:05:05 pm »
 thanks ya'll...