Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: East vs West  (Read 2346 times)

Offline pete b

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Barre, Ma
East vs West
« on: August 12, 2017, 07:00:29 am »
This is a the name of a Treehouse/ Sierra Nevada collaboration that I didn't know existed until I was at a restaurant in my town and asked what was on tap. Anyone else see this? I don't know if it's widely available because of Sierra Nevada or if it's only around near Treehouse.
It was nice. It wasn't hazy and it seemed to have west coast style bitterness. I think what Treehouse brought was a fruitier as opposed to piny/ citrus hopping.
Don't let the bastards cheer you up.

Offline jeffy

• Tampa, Fl
Re: East vs West
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2017, 08:59:18 am »
This is part of their "Beers Across the World" collaboration.  I highly recommend you buy the somewhat expensive twelve pack, which includes a beer from each of twelve colabs.
Jeff Gladish, Tampa (989.3, 175.1 Apparent Rennarian)
Homebrewing since 1990
AHA member since 1991, now a lifetime member
BJCP judge since 1995

Offline pete b

• Barre, Ma
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2017, 08:10:19 am »
I haven't seen that, I'll definitely get it if I see it. On a related note I had a few different Treehouse offerings yesterday that my wife's cousin brought to a family gathering. All very nice. It's always good to drink their beer without standing in line myself.
Don't let the bastards cheer you up.

Offline 69franx

• Bloatarian Brewing League
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2017, 06:44:27 pm »
This is part of their "Beers Across the World" collaboration.  I highly recommend you buy the somewhat expensive twelve pack, which includes a beer from each of twelve colabs.
Jeffy, I just picked up a case of this in case I really like one of them. Which have been your favorites so far? I have not opened any yet, so just curious
Frank L.
Fermenting: Nothing (ugh!)
Conditioning: Nothing (UGH!)
In keg: Nothing (Double UGH!)
In the works:  House IPA, Dark Mild, Ballantine Ale clone(still trying to work this one into the schedule)

Offline JT

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Bloatarian Brewing League - Cincinnati, OH
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2017, 06:51:45 pm »
Jeffy, I just picked up a case of this in case I really like one of them. Which have been your favorites so far? I have not opened any yet, so just curious
You pick this up at Jungle Jim's, Frank?

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

Offline jeffy

• Tampa, Fl
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2017, 07:16:38 pm »
I think my favorite was the Surly Ginger Lager, but there were several other good ones.  Duvel Hoppy Belgian Golden was nice, Ayinger Dunkle Weiss as well.  Fullers and Saint Arnold colabs were also good.  I did not care for the Kiuchi white IPA with Yuzu or the Mikkeller Thai-style iced tea ale.
Jeff Gladish, Tampa (989.3, 175.1 Apparent Rennarian)
Homebrewing since 1990
AHA member since 1991, now a lifetime member
BJCP judge since 1995

Offline 69franx

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2017, 10:17:33 pm »
You pick this up at Jungle Jim's, Frank?

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
No JT, picked up closer to home at White's in Aurora. Last 2 12packs

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
Edit: and that's the last of the collabs 12 packs, not twelves of East v West
Frank L.
Fermenting: Nothing (ugh!)
Conditioning: Nothing (UGH!)
In keg: Nothing (Double UGH!)
In the works:  House IPA, Dark Mild, Ballantine Ale clone(still trying to work this one into the schedule)

Offline Brotillery

• Cellarman
  • You had me at stainless
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2017, 07:33:58 pm »
I really liked the campout porter in that pack