Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Forced to buy beer  (Read 11937 times)

Offline weithman5

• Senior Brewmaster
  • naperville, il
Re: Forced to buy beer
« Reply #60 on: July 20, 2010, 11:42:29 am »
So I got curious and ran down to the store during lunch.  bottle date was 2/24/10 for 7.99.  I was going to try it but alas, the fiver in my wallet was not enough.
Don AHA member

Offline beersk

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • In the night!
« Reply #61 on: July 20, 2010, 12:48:11 pm »
So I got curious and ran down to the store during lunch.  bottle date was 2/24/10 for 7.99.  I was going to try it but alas, the fiver in my wallet was not enough.
Well is says here (http://www.gooseisland.com/pages/our_beers/3.php) on their website that they don't offer the brown and the oatmeal stout in bottles anymore...so that sixer must be from before they stopped doing that.  I think it was sometime this year that they decided to stop bottling those 2 beers.
Jesse

Offline weithman5

• Senior Brewmaster
  • naperville, il
« Reply #62 on: July 20, 2010, 01:35:29 pm »
suppose that was their last bottling. they had about 6 6 packs.  maybe i should snap them up. i have never tried it.  i am more of a lager drinker but i have truly enjoyed their honkers and 312 in the past
Don AHA member

Offline beersk

• In the night!
« Reply #63 on: July 20, 2010, 02:16:12 pm »
You should check it out for sure.  I don't know about buying them all, you might not like it then you'll have a bunch of it that you won't want to drink.  Can't wait for the Harvest Ale to come out, that's some tasty stuff.
Jesse

Offline coypoo

• Cellarman
« Reply #64 on: July 21, 2010, 01:10:39 pm »
No one has mentioned one of the best things about buying commercial beer: free bottles!...unless you keg, then you dont care, but for us bottlers that is always a plus

Offline beersk

• In the night!
« Reply #65 on: July 21, 2010, 02:35:05 pm »
No one has mentioned one of the best things about buying commercial beer: free bottles!...unless you keg, then you dont care, but for us bottlers that is always a plus
Gotta watch out for the breweries that use screwtops though.  Goose is one of them.
Jesse

Offline kylekohlmorgen

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Saint Louis, MO
    • The South House Pilot Brewery
« Reply #66 on: August 04, 2010, 01:00:46 pm »
Russian River, 21st Amendment, Magnolia, Social Brewery, Speakeasy... yeah I have no trouble buying local. :-)

ugh... if only we could all live on the Golden Coast...

However Indy IS getting more promising... just added Sun King and 4 new brewpubs/microbreweries are on the way in the fall :)
Twitter/Instagram: @southhousebrew

Recipes, Brett/Bacteria Experiments: http://SouthHouseBeer.com/