Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Harvesting Hops in Bavaria's Hallertau?  (Read 2056 times)

Offline brian_welch

• Cellarman
  • Holden MA
Harvesting Hops in Bavaria's Hallertau?
« on: October 07, 2017, 08:15:11 pm »
I'm finally reading my September/October 2017 print issue of Zymurgy and was excited to read the story on the cover called "Harvesting Hops in Bavaria's Hallertau."  I looked all through the issue and couldn't find the article.  So I decided to look at the online version and the cover online has replaced it with "Homebrewing in Hawaii." Just checking to see if or when that article on Hallertau is coming out. I always love to read about German beers and brewing.
Brian Welch
WIZARDS (Worcester Incorporated Zymurgists Advancing Real Draughts)

ON TAP:
Hefeweizen
West Coast Pils
German Pils
Altbier

ON DECK:
English Bitter
Dark Mild

Offline Dave Carpenter

• Zymurgy editor
  • Administrator
  • Cellarman
  • Zymurgy editor
    • American Homebrewers Association
Re: Harvesting Hops in Bavaria's Hallertau?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2017, 07:22:36 am »
I'm finally reading my September/October 2017 print issue of Zymurgy and was excited to read the story on the cover called "Harvesting Hops in Bavaria's Hallertau."  I looked all through the issue and couldn't find the article.  So I decided to look at the online version and the cover online has replaced it with "Homebrewing in Hawaii." Just checking to see if or when that article on Hallertau is coming out. I always love to read about German beers and brewing.

Hi Brian, thanks for pointing this out. Zymurgy actually has two covers: one for issues that mail directly to readers and another for newsstands, homebrew shops, etc. There's space on the former for the mailing label, while the latter has a bar code.

I had originally slated the Hallertau piece for Sept/Oct, but I had to push it to Nov/Dec due to space constraints (Sept/Oct is the biggest issue of the year with the NHC recipes and the AHA member shops listing). Unfortunately, it looks like only one of the covers got updated with that change. My apologies for the error.

You will find the Hallertau article in the Nov/Dec issue, which will mail near the end of October.

Thanks for reading Zymurgy and supporting the AHA!
Cheers,
Dave
Editor, Zymurgy and AHA Special Projects
American Homebrewers Association