Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Is this a good deal for a premade??  (Read 3195 times)

Offline deadpoetic0077

• Assistant Brewer
  • Noobie
Is this a good deal for a premade??
« on: August 29, 2017, 10:50:14 am »
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia-5-6-cu-ft-2-tap-beverage-cooler-kegerator-stainless-steel/4223500.p?skuId=4223500

Saw this 2 tap kegerator online. I don't want to go thru the hassle of making my own kegerator from scratch. Ive heard some bad stories of people ruining their fridges thru cutting thru the cooling lines.

Looks like this has some good reviews and looks like its not too poorly priced.

Thoughts?

Offline Stevie

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Re: Is this a good deal for a premade??
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2017, 12:09:10 pm »
Not bad.  It will likely need some mods. Longer lines, quick disconnects, yada-yada. Costco has a similar unit from Danby. Likely the same unit with a different brand.

Offline blatz

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Paul Blatz - Jupiter, FL
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2017, 12:40:46 pm »
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia-5-6-cu-ft-2-tap-beverage-cooler-kegerator-stainless-steel/4223500.p?skuId=4223500

Saw this 2 tap kegerator online. I don't want to go thru the hassle of making my own kegerator from scratch. Ive heard some bad stories of people ruining their fridges thru cutting thru the cooling lines.

Thoughts?

not bad, but as said it will need some mods.  IMO, a chest freezer with a collar is a good, cost effective way to go if it works with your space.
The happiest people don’t necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have.

BJCP National: F0281

Offline Brotillery

• Cellarman
  • You had me at stainless
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2017, 12:01:06 am »

Thoughts?

If you are willing to spend a little bit more Keg King makes nice kegerators for 500-700 depending on how many taps you want etc. I got mine with 2 taps and intertap faucets for 650 shipped. Been using for about 6 months now haven't had any issues.

Offline Brotillery

• Cellarman
  • You had me at stainless
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2017, 12:04:36 am »
Or like blatz said go with a chest freezer with a collar, just depends how much time you want to invest.