Author Topic: Brewtan B availability  (Read 3277 times)

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • View Profile
    • Dennybrew
Brewtan B availability
« on: September 05, 2017, 05:51:57 PM »
After a year of working on it, I'm pleased to tell everyone that Brewtan B will be available from wholesaler Brewcraft starting in about a week.  Your LHBS will be able to order it from them.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline wobdee

• Assistant Brewer
    • View Profile
Re: Brewtan B availability
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2017, 07:19:45 PM »
Good to hear, thanks.

Offline tommymorris

• Brewmaster General
  • Tommy M.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2017, 07:49:38 PM »
At the recommended  Brewtan B dosage rates, sometimes I feel I may never need to buy more. :)

Offline HoosierBrew

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2017, 09:15:38 PM »
Good news, thanks.
Jon H.

Offline ynotbrusum

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2017, 08:05:01 PM »
I heard something about the packaging being in 1 and 2 oz. packs, along with 1 lb packs (that might go well for a group buy).  Looking forward to its US retailer availability to homebrewers.  I wonder if some of the other Ajinimoto products will come to the homebrew level.  I know that they have an additive that helps the wheats and NEIPA's to stay cloudy longer...not that I need that at this point.
Hodge Garage Brewing: "Brew with a glad heart!"

Offline brewinhard

• Official Poobah of No Life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2017, 02:03:18 PM »
I heard something about the packaging being in 1 and 2 oz. packs, along with 1 lb packs (that might go well for a group buy).  Looking forward to its US retailer availability to homebrewers.  I wonder if some of the other Ajinimoto products will come to the homebrew level.  I know that they have an additive that helps the wheats and NEIPA's to stay cloudy longer...not that I need that at this point.

Is that a tanal product?

Offline bayareabrewer

• Brewmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2017, 03:31:37 PM »
any of the big guys, i.e. morebeer, AHS etc going to carry it?

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2017, 04:14:27 PM »
any of the big guys, i.e. morebeer, AHS etc going to carry it?

That's up to them.  I know Morebeer at least does biz with Brewcraft.  You have to get your preferred vendor to order it.

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline Wilbur

• Brewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2017, 07:14:40 PM »
Whats the typical dosing for this? Does 1-2 oz last a few dozen batches, or is it more like 3-4 batches per ounce?

Offline tommymorris

• Brewmaster General
  • Tommy M.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2017, 07:16:30 PM »
Whats the typical dosing for this? Does 1-2 oz last a few dozen batches, or is it more like 3-4 batches per ounce?
The last update on the dosage I have seen is as follows.

0.5g per 5 gallon to mash and sparge water as a slurry. 1g per 5 gallon to boil before other finings as a slurry.

People doing low oxygen brewing with the "trifecta" use less.

Offline riceral

• Brewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2017, 07:22:31 PM »

0.5g per 5 gallon to mash and sparge water as a slurry. 1g per 5 gallon to boil before other finings as a slurry.

so 1 ounce would last, what, 18 5-gallon batches.
Ralph R.

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2017, 08:15:05 PM »

I measure in tsp. because that's how Joe Formanek explained it to me. 1/4 tsp. per 5 gal. of mash or sparge water.  1/2 tsp. in a wort slurry 15 min. before end of boil, at least 1 min. before other clarifiers like Whirlfloc or Irish moss.

www.dennybrew.com

Offline tommymorris

• Brewmaster General
  • Tommy M.
    • View Profile
Brewtan B availability
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2017, 08:53:59 PM »

I measure in tsp. because that's how Joe Formanek explained it to me. 1/4 tsp. per 5 gal. of mash or sparge water.  1/2 tsp. in a wort slurry 15 min. before end of boil, at least 1 min. before other clarifiers like Whirlfloc or Irish moss.
I don't remember where I got the gram values. Better go with teaspoons to be safe.

Edit: I got it from this article. https://www.experimentalbrew.com/experiments/brewtan-or-do-oxygen-scavenging-chemicals-change-beer-character
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 08:55:59 PM by alestateyall »

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2017, 09:04:36 PM »

I don't remember where I got the gram values. Better go with teaspoons to be safe.

Edit: I got it from this article. https://www.experimentalbrew.com/experiments/brewtan-or-do-oxygen-scavenging-chemicals-change-beer-character

Then the gram measurements are accurate.  But since the tsp. are also, it's easier for me to do it that way.

www.dennybrew.com

Offline Nathan

• Cellarman
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2017, 04:58:12 PM »

so 1 ounce would last, what, 18 5-gallon batches.
28 grams in an ounce

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk