Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Eroica Hops are back!  (Read 3600 times)

Offline bayareabrewer

• Brewmaster
Eroica Hops are back!
« on: September 08, 2017, 11:49:17 am »
I remember liking this hop from many years ago, but then all the farmers pulled it out in favor of new varieties. But it looks like its available for pre sale from Hop Heaven. Pretty stoked to use it after a decade plus hiatus.

Offline dmtaylor

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Lord Idiot the Lazy
    • YEAST MASTER Perma-Living
Re: Eroica Hops are back!
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2017, 12:45:48 pm »
I used Eroica quite a bit in my early years.  It was a good coarse bittering hop.  Nowadays I'm sure everyone will be looking at the flavor and aroma more than they used to.  I have no idea what it actually tastes like, it was always recommended for bittering only.
Dave

The world will become a much more pleasant place to live when each and every one of us realizes that we are all idiots.

Offline bayareabrewer

• Brewmaster
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2017, 12:48:18 pm »
I used Eroica quite a bit in my early years.  It was a good coarse bittering hop.  Nowadays I'm sure everyone will be looking at the flavor and aroma more than they used to.  I have no idea what it actually tastes like, it was always recommended for bittering only.

Once I receive some I'm going to do a smashwith it to see.

Offline James Jacobson

• 1st Kit
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2020, 03:12:42 pm »

Once I receive some I'm going to do a smashwith it to see.
Did you ever do a smash? Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, I just have some on the way.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk