Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Faucet adapter  (Read 2780 times)

Offline Indy574

• Assistant Brewer
Faucet adapter
« on: September 16, 2017, 12:42:39 pm »
Ok...I've done some internet searching and can't really find what I'm looking for.  I replaced my kitchen sink and faucet and realized that I can't hook up my wort chiller to the new faucet. The new faucet is a Moen with the high arch and spray head. I have a female garden hose adapter with barb to attach my hose but the new faucet looks like it needs a 3/8" male to whatever to get to my GH adapter.

So my question is has anyone found a simple adapter without having multiple piece to use the chiller?

Offline Stevie

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Re: Faucet adapter
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2017, 12:51:53 pm »
I've seen adaptors that are essentially thick hoses with worn gears on the faucet end and hose thread on the opposite. Don't know what to search for though.

You could split your cold water line below the sink with the tee and extra valves. 1/2" NPT or flare is typically the standard.

Offline Indy574

• Assistant Brewer
Re: Faucet adapter
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2017, 01:28:05 pm »
I've seen adaptors that are essentially thick hoses with worn gears on the faucet end and hose thread on the opposite. Don't know what to search for though.

You could split your cold water line below the sink with the tee and extra valves. 1/2" NPT or flare is typically the standard.

Never thought about a using the cold side underneath. Kind of like that idea.