Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Natural gas automated single tier pilot brew system  (Read 2385 times)

Offline drumminguy81

• 1st Kit
Natural gas automated single tier pilot brew system
« on: September 24, 2017, 03:03:02 am »
3 vessel single tier automated natural gas pilot brew system

3 stainless 15.5 gallon keggles all stainless hardware
1-   HLT- weldless sightglass, pickup tube, ball valve, thermometer, temperature probe, camlock quick disconnects (keg shell legally purchased from a local distributor but has not been properly debranded yet.)
2-   MLT- norcal custom stainless false bottom and pickup tube, ball valve, thermometer, ss brewtech fly sparge arm, temperature probe, cam lock quick disconnects for sparge and vorlauf (keg shell is blank unbranded)
3-   Lauter Grant- stainless triclamp on bottom, used for lauter/vorlauf to get better clarity.
4-   Boil Kettle- thermometer, whirlpool tube, side pickup tube, ball valve, camlock quick disconnects (keg shell is blank unbranded)
3 stainless head chugger pumps wired in conduit to control panel. Each pump has a ball valve to control flow.
3 bg 12 banjo burners converted to natural gas (propane orifices included)
3 honeywell natural gas automated valves with pilots controlled by control panel (can be converted to propane with additional parts not included)
Control panel custom built with 2 auber pid controllers for hlt and mlt with alarms that can be disabled. Both can also be controlled manually. Boil is manually controlled flame on/off. 3 pump switches. Everything runs off 110v.
Chiller- Blichmann thermonator plate chiller.
Stand was custom built out of 14ga 2x2 steel welded with 4 swivel non-locking casters. The lauter grant has its own shelf welded to the stand as well as another small shelf welded lower for a hop rocket. (hop rocket not included but may consider throwing it in for the right price.)
This is an awesome brew rig capable of up to 13 gallon batches. I have brewed many great beers with it but recently decided to go electric. I have countless dollars and hours into building this rig exactly how I wanted it. It would be great for a brewery pilot system or just a bad ass homebrew system. For those wondering about the natural gas, it is a ton cheaper than propane, and I was able to get plenty of btu out of the burners to bring a boil really fast. It is really easy and cheap to have a natural gas hookup added off your meter with a simple tee and valve. Then all you have to do is plug in the line and never worry about running out of propane. I literally never saw a difference in my gas bill even when brewing multiple batches a month.
Also included is a custom built 15.5 gallon sanke fermenter. It has a 4” triclamp ferrule welded on top with a 3/8 chiller coil and thermowell for temperature control. A 2” tri clamp bottom dump, and a 1-1/2” triclamp racking port. My sanitary welder is a little behind on projects and hasn’t been able to get the fittings welded up for me yet. I will add pictures as soon as it is complete.

I'm asking $3000 obo. I will consider delivering within reason for the right price.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Offline drumminguy81

• 1st Kit
Re: Natural gas automated single tier pilot brew system
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 10:53:28 pm »
3 vessel single tier automated natural gas pilot brew system

3 stainless 15.5 gallon keggles all stainless hardware
1-   HLT- weldless sightglass, pickup tube, ball valve, thermometer, temperature probe, camlock quick disconnects (keg shell legally purchased from a local distributor but has not been properly debranded yet.)
2-   MLT- norcal custom stainless false bottom and pickup tube, ball valve, thermometer, ss brewtech fly sparge arm, temperature probe, cam lock quick disconnects for sparge and vorlauf (keg shell is blank unbranded)
3-   Lauter Grant- stainless triclamp on bottom, used for lauter/vorlauf to get better clarity.
4-   Boil Kettle- thermometer, whirlpool tube, side pickup tube, ball valve, camlock quick disconnects (keg shell is blank unbranded)
3 stainless head chugger pumps wired in conduit to control panel. Each pump has a ball valve to control flow.
3 bg 12 banjo burners converted to natural gas (propane orifices included)
3 honeywell natural gas automated valves with pilots controlled by control panel (can be converted to propane with additional parts not included)
Control panel custom built with 2 auber pid controllers for hlt and mlt with alarms that can be disabled. Both can also be controlled manually. Boil is manually controlled flame on/off. 3 pump switches. Everything runs off 110v.
Chiller- Blichmann thermonator plate chiller.
Stand was custom built out of 14ga 2x2 steel welded with 4 swivel non-locking casters. The lauter grant has its own shelf welded to the stand as well as another small shelf welded lower for a hop rocket. (hop rocket not included but may consider throwing it in for the right price.)
This is an awesome brew rig capable of up to 13 gallon batches. I have brewed many great beers with it but recently decided to go electric. I have countless dollars and hours into building this rig exactly how I wanted it. It would be great for a brewery pilot system or just a bad ass homebrew system. For those wondering about the natural gas, it is a ton cheaper than propane, and I was able to get plenty of btu out of the burners to bring a boil really fast. It is really easy and cheap to have a natural gas hookup added off your meter with a simple tee and valve. Then all you have to do is plug in the line and never worry about running out of propane. I literally never saw a difference in my gas bill even when brewing multiple batches a month.
Also included is a custom built 15.5 gallon sanke fermenter. It has a 4” triclamp ferrule welded on top with a 3/8 chiller coil and thermowell for temperature control. A 2” tri clamp bottom dump, and a 1-1/2” triclamp racking port. My sanitary welder is a little behind on projects and hasn’t been able to get the fittings welded up for me yet. I will add pictures as soon as it is complete.

I'm asking $3000 obo. I will consider delivering within reason for the right price.

Sold!