Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Glassware Recommendations  (Read 2051 times)

Offline Wilbur

• Brewmaster
Glassware Recommendations
« on: September 29, 2017, 01:55:46 pm »
Looking for some recommendations for glassware, I'm hoping to pick up some 1/2 pint glasses. I have plenty of 4 oz. tulip glasses, and plenty of tulip and shaker pints. I'd like to drink a little less on the weekdays, but I really like seeing a full glass (Kind of neurotic, but it's so satisfying).

Offline Frankenbrew

• Brewmaster
Frank C.

And thereof comes the proverb: 'Blessing of your
heart, you brew good ale.'

Offline Village Taphouse

• Brewmaster General
  • Ken from Chicago
    • The new Mayfair Court Brewhouse
Re: Glassware Recommendations
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2017, 04:45:26 pm »
I have some 8 ounce Nonics (with the bulged rim) that I use occasionally.  Honestly... you just need to go to a decent beer glass place or browse beer glasses online.  I have some 4 ounce tasters, 8 ouncers, 12s, 16s, 20s, half-liters, etc.

Frankenbrew beat me to it.  :D  Mine are similar and great for a small pour.  Go to Amazon and search for beer glasses and the angels will sing. 
Ken from Chicago. 
A day without beer is like... just kidding, I have no idea.

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2017, 05:00:08 pm »
I have some 8 ounce Nonics (with the bulged rim) that I use occasionally.  Honestly... you just need to go to a decent beer glass place or browse beer glasses online.  I have some 4 ounce tasters, 8 ouncers, 12s, 16s, 20s, half-liters, etc.

Frankenbrew beat me to it.  :D  Mine are similar and great for a small pour.  Go to Amazon and search for beer glasses and the angels will sing. 

As somebody with too damn many beer glasses -  yep. Start with Amazon and go from there. The glasses are out there.....
Jon H.

Offline Village Taphouse

• Brewmaster General
  • Ken from Chicago
    • The new Mayfair Court Brewhouse
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2017, 05:30:42 pm »

As somebody with too damn many beer glasses -  yep. Start with Amazon and go from there. The glasses are out there.....
Dude.  It's a sickness.  I go to the bottle shop (which has a glassware section) and I can't help it.  I go to Target with my wife and while she's looking at  [whatever] I run over to the glassware section.  I ...ahem... borrow them from various establishments and I order them online.  I might have to purge some eventually.
Ken from Chicago. 
A day without beer is like... just kidding, I have no idea.

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2017, 05:37:27 pm »

Dude.  It's a sickness.  I go to the bottle shop (which has a glassware section) and I can't help it.  I go to Target with my wife and while she's looking at  [whatever] I run over to the glassware section.  I ...ahem... borrow them from various establishments and I order them online.  I might have to purge some eventually.

Just purged a round of glasses I don't use a couple months ago.

My wife's version- run lean to the ones I actually use. Fair enough.

My side - POSSIBLY maybe might leave room for new, good ones.  :)
Jon H.

Offline Wort-H.O.G.

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Play Nice
    • Harvey's Brewhaus
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2017, 05:50:42 pm »

Just purged a round of glasses I don't use a couple months ago.

My wife's version- run lean to the ones I actually use. Fair enough.

My side - POSSIBLY maybe might leave room for new, good ones.  :)
Like I always say...they have their purses, shoes, or maybe beer glasses, and so to each their own vice!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ken- Chagrin Falls, OH
CPT, U.S.Army
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Harveys-Brewhaus/405092862905115

http://braukaiser.com/wiki/index.php?title=The_Science_of_Mashing

Serving:        In Process:
Vienna IPA          O'Fest
Dort
Mead                 
Cider                         
Ger'merican Blonde
Amber Ale
Next:
Ger Pils
O'Fest

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2017, 05:55:45 pm »
My thoughts, bro.   :)   Luckily she's pretty awesome.
Jon H.

Offline reverseapachemaster

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
    • Brain Sparging on Brewing
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2017, 09:38:48 am »
I have a large amount of glassware, almost all branded from breweries. My wife keeps collecting them. We have some cool glasses but a huge collection that covers an entire China cabinet, the entirety of the top of the kitchen fridge and two full cabinets in the kitchen. I don't complain because my brewing equipment and reserve of homebrew bottles far exceeds that space in the home.

Some of my favorite are the half pint glasses that look like the ones posted above but the ones I have seem a less tapered at the base. They are perfect glasses to split a 12oz bottle between two people or a larger bottle between four people. Not sure where they come from but I bet a brewery local to you has them and could tell you their supplier. Most of the brewery glassware is made by one or two manufacturers.
Heck yeah I blog about homebrewing: Brain Sparging on Brewing