Author Topic: Formal education  (Read 1191 times)

Offline Visor

• Brewer
    • View Profile
Formal education
« on: October 17, 2017, 08:02:57 AM »
    Does anyone on this forum have any experience with, perspectives on or opinions about The Brewing and Distilling Center in Knoxville, TN and their program?
   As a follow on, any other concise certificate level programs that you would recommend? I realize that there are a number of 1, 2 and 4 year programs offered at various colleges and universities, and that every one seems to offer a different certificate or degree. I am looking for accelerated programs of less than 6 months.
   Thanks.
I spent most of my money on beer, tools and guns, the rest I foolishly squandered on stupid stuff!

Offline reverseapachemaster

• Official Poobah of No Life.
    • View Profile
    • Brain Sparging on Brewing
Re: Formal education
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2017, 07:09:38 AM »
I don't have anything to add about the program you specified but I know there are some shorter programs out there. A small local-ish college here has started offering a much shorter program that is a basic skills class plus an internship. They work with local breweries to get people hands on experience right away. I know several people have made the jump directly into brewing jobs afterwards. I don't think that program would be much use beyond this local area but I'm sure it's not the only one out there like that.
Heck yeah I blog about homebrewing: Brain Sparging on Brewing

Offline Visor

• Brewer
    • View Profile
Re: Formal education
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2017, 07:37:48 AM »
   And where is local for you?
I spent most of my money on beer, tools and guns, the rest I foolishly squandered on stupid stuff!