Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Far From The Tree - Nova (Hopped Cider)  (Read 3002 times)

Offline erockrph

• I must live here
  • Chepachet, RI
    • The Hop WHisperer
Far From The Tree - Nova (Hopped Cider)
« on: October 14, 2017, 12:46:04 pm »
I just tried this on tap while I was visiting Salem (MA) for the day. I was super thirsty after walking around all day, so I went for a local cider rather than beer with dinner. It turned out to be the right choice, no doubt.

I've had dry-hopped ciders before (including my own), but this is the first one that got it just right for me. The cider itself is lightly carbonated, and balanced more towards the tart rather than sweet. I definitely got some tropical hop character, and a touch of pine. The hop flavors were a nice accent, but not overpowering. The most notable thing is that there was absolutely zero harsh bitterness or vegetal character.

This was so good that I stopped by a local wine shop on the way back to the parking garage to pick some up for the road. I don't know how widely they distribute, but Far From the Tree is definitely worth a try if you ever come across it.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Eric B.

Finally got around to starting a homebrewing blog: The Hop Whisperer

Offline jpeets

• Cellarman
Re: Far From The Tree - Nova (Hopped Cider)
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2017, 02:13:03 pm »
 Thanks for the info I’ll definitely look them up when I get back to Massachusett for the holidays

Offline batsnapper

• 1st Kit
Re: Far From The Tree - Nova (Hopped Cider)
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2017, 07:56:21 pm »
I just did some at home that came out great; dry hopped cider that is.  I always keep a cider on tap for the wife and usually make Brewers Best or Mangrove Jack kits.  They make six gallons, so I take the extra after kegging, then prime and bottle it.  Last time I made a double batch plenty left over and extra Azacca hops lying around.  Two gallons of cider, 1oz hops, in a bucket for two days, primed and bottled it.  Most excellent.  The hops took the edge off the sweet, but is not overwhelming.  BTW it was Pear Cider; 1 Brewers Best and 1 Mangrove Jack.  Jury is still out on which is best.