Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Short Slurm NE IPA  (Read 1764 times)

Offline Wilbur

• Brewmaster
Short Slurm NE IPA
« on: January 16, 2018, 02:41:40 pm »
Grabbed this on draft, listed as "IPA" on the menu. Extremely hazy, with a very thick mouthfeel. The flavor was great, very tropical with a lot of pineapple/mango flavor. The mango was bit more like the simply mango OJ, but tasty. Where this beer went wrong (others may have different opinions on this) was the harsh, acidic/stringent? aftertaste. Every sip tasted like a mouthful of hop pellet debris.

Online denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
Re: Short Slurm NE IPA
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2018, 02:52:36 pm »
One of the main reasons I don't care for them.  In the couple dozen I've tasted, it seems to be like that every time.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2018, 03:14:57 pm »
I've never had one. Not everyone can say that

Online denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2018, 03:24:11 pm »
I've never had one. Not everyone can say that

A friend sent me 10 from MA, most of them from Treehouse which is supposed to be one of the best producers of them.  I've tried others at various events.  You should try one just so yo know what people are talking about.  Then email me and tell me what ya think!  ;)
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2018, 03:38:53 pm »
Will do

Offline Bob357

• Brewmaster
  • Consensus means nothing to me. I am who I am.
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2018, 05:02:51 pm »
Grabbed this on draft, listed as "IPA" on the menu. Extremely hazy, with a very thick mouthfeel. The flavor was great, very tropical with a lot of pineapple/mango flavor. The mango was bit more like the simply mango OJ, but tasty. Where this beer went wrong (others may have different opinions on this) was the harsh, acidic/stringent? aftertaste. Every sip tasted like a mouthful of hop pellet debris.

I kegged a fairly hoppy West Coast IPA yesterday and dropped a bag with about 3 oz. Chinook and Cascade in the keg. Dialed the CO2 up to 30psi. I dialed the CO2 back to 11psi and bled off the keg this afternoon. The hops were the end of a pouch that I had blended and had a lot of hop dust in it, so decided to pull a pint or 2 just to clear up the dust.

It matched your description to a tee. I drank the second pint because, outside of the back end astringency, it was like drinking a hopped screwdriver. While I liked the rest of the beer, the back end sucked.
Beer is my bucket list,

Bob357
Fallon, NV

Offline coolman26

• Brewmaster
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2018, 09:13:58 am »
My problem with them is the finish. First drink is like I like it. Third drink is like.....man maybe not. Looking at the last few swallows of the pint is....do I choke it, or dump it.
I didn’t mind one from Heretic. Stone had one with Habanero I liked. I’ve tried and it isn’t a favorite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jeff B