Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: AB expand charity work  (Read 1097 times)

Offline Wilbur

• Brewmaster
AB expand charity work
« on: December 12, 2017, 04:52:22 pm »
https://thetakeout.com/why-anheuser-buschs-new-pr-initiative-might-actually-be-1821215503

From the article:
Move all their craft beer to “best by” date coding to let drinkers know when the beer is freshest

Shift its acquired craft breweries to all solar and wind renewable energy by 2020 and cut water use by 20 percent

Donate $2 million collectively to organizations of the craft breweries’ choice

Commit each craft brewery to an open-door beer quality and safety tutorials for smaller breweries

I'm not a fan of the first one, I'd rather have "Brewed on" or "Bottled on". Hard to tell if you judge and beer to be at its peak for 30 days or 180.

The rest sounds fantastic though, although I'm wondering if they're going to try and sell lab services to other breweries. I'd certainly be a good idea, and a nice option. 20% renewables is a good start, but a lot of areas are already past that.

Doesn't change the beer though!

Offline Phil_M

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Southern Maryland
Re: AB expand charity work
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2017, 04:33:29 am »
If AB is shifting from hating on craft beer to helping small breweries, I'm all for it. I've only hated on them for how they've decried craft beer.

Guinness has been doing great at working with the smaller breweries in moving to my state, maybe AB sees how well that's working for them...
Corn is a fine adjunct in beer.

And don't buy stale beer.