Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Lazor Snake is a great unique Bavarian IPA. Clone recipe help.  (Read 1361 times)

Offline foxchainman

• 1st Kit
Lazor Snake is a great unique Bavarian IPA. Clone recipe help.
« on: December 04, 2017, 11:16:55 pm »
Lazor Snake is a great unique Bavarian IPA. The guess for the Lazor Snake hops are right on I think; Huell Melon, Mandarina Bavaria, Hallertau Blanc. But what about the the malt bill and yeast? Anyone venture a guess. The color is very light and its almost lager like IMO but not a larger yeast. The three 3floyds web site calls it a IPA but for some reason it taste closer to an IPL. Golden light grainy light white biscuit malt flavor with a crisp clean fermentation flavor between a pilsner and a vienna larger for me. Super clear light golden. The hops to make it 55 IBU Bavarian IPA were both mildly fruity melon citrus and herbal/floral. A nice light bitterness is a great larger to IPA drinker gateway beer. Or maybe a hot summer day IPA that can be consumed quickly to cool down without the back of the throat bitterness. If its a Bavarian IPA the hops and yeast and grains all might be german. German ale yeast WLP029 German Ale/ Kölsch Yeast with German Pilsner malt 75 % and 15% Wheat malt and 10% Vienna malt.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 07:09:23 pm by foxchainman »
IPA, APA, Saison, Farmhouse Brett Ales, Flanders Red, Lambic and IPL Home Brewer since 03/2015 / Analytical Chemist by Profession since 1992.

Offline JJeffers09

• Senior Brewmaster
Re: Lazor Snake is a great unique Bavarian IPA. Clone recipe help.
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 06:15:49 am »
Lazor Snake is a great unique Bavarian IPA. The guess for the Lazor Snake hops are right on I think; Huell Melon, Mandarina Bavaria, Hallertau Blanc. But what about the the malt bill and yeast? Anyone venture a guess. The color is very light and its almost lager like IMO but not a larger yeast. The three 3floyds web site calls it a IPA but for some reason it taste closer to an IPL. Golden light grainy light white biscuit malt flavor with a crisp clean fermentation flavor between a pilsner and a vienna larger for me. Super clear light golden. The hops to make it 55 IBU Bavarian IPA were both mildly fruity melon citrus and herbal/floral. A nice light bitterness is a great larger to IPA drinker gateway beer. Or maybe a hot summer day IPA that can be consumed quickly to cool down without the back of the throat bitterness. If its a Bavarian IPA the hops and yeast and grains all might be german. German ale yeast WLP029 German Ale/ Kölsch Yeast with German Pilsner malt 75 % and 15% Wheat malt and 10% Vienna malt.
Kolsch is probably where I would start for yeast.

I need to go pick up one before I take a guess at the grist.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin

AHA Member
Indiana Brewers Union (IBU)