Author Topic: 2018 National Homebrew Competition  (Read 788 times)

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
    • View Profile
Re: 2018 National Homebrew Competition
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2018, 07:18:21 PM »
like a lot of people I logged in and saw that I had entries before I got the email.
Just sayin' people should be proactive if something is important to them, not sit waiting until deadlines potentially pass while emails are lost in cyberspace or spam folders.

I didn't even think I could do this, but looks like I have two entries for Chicago. Registered on the last day, haven't gotten an email yet though. My question is: I have 72 hours to pay for entries from when I get an email. If I don't get an email, how do I know when I have to pay? Question 2: if I understand the dates and deadlines in the link below, I have until March 30th to declare a style for my entries?

https://www.homebrewersassociation.org/national-homebrew-competition/dates-deadlines/

Yes, you can edit entries/styles later. I don’t know the answer to your other question.
Jeff Rankert
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
AHA Governing Committee
BJCP National
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline udubdawg

• Senior Brewmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2018, 08:34:58 PM »
like a lot of people I logged in and saw that I had entries before I got the email.
Just sayin' people should be proactive if something is important to them, not sit waiting until deadlines potentially pass while emails are lost in cyberspace or spam folders.

I didn't even think I could do this, but looks like I have two entries for Chicago. Registered on the last day, haven't gotten an email yet though. My question is: I have 72 hours to pay for entries from when I get an email. If I don't get an email, how do I know when I have to pay? Question 2: if I understand the dates and deadlines in the link below, I have until March 30th to declare a style for my entries?

https://www.homebrewersassociation.org/national-homebrew-competition/dates-deadlines/

Yes on the second part about March 30th.
As to the first, if the alternative is possibly having missed an email and thus your 72 hours has already started, I'd just go ahead and see if you can pay now, ya know?

Offline pintabone

• 1st Kit
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2018, 02:06:20 AM »

Login to what? I've tried logging into the competition site and it says it isn't your AHA login but something that you get from the e-mail confirmation that you were accepted.

Offline Wilbur

• Assistant Brewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2018, 04:15:02 AM »
I'll note that Gmail decided to automatically archive my emails (First notice, deadline approaching, and deadline extended emails), so definitely check that. I was checking my spam and my inbox and didn't see it. I think if you've competed before you can reset your password and get in that way.

Offline theDarkSide

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Derry, NH
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2018, 12:29:10 PM »
Login to what? I've tried logging into the competition site and it says it isn't your AHA login but something that you get from the e-mail confirmation that you were accepted.

www.brewingcompetition.com
use the email address you used when registering for your entries and you AHA number (including leading zeros) as your password.
BNArmy CLUB Member
Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------

Offline pintabone

• 1st Kit
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2018, 05:44:07 PM »

www.brewingcompetition.com
use the email address you used when registering for your entries and you AHA number (including leading zeros) as your password.

Thanks but no dice. Not sure what happened to my application.