Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Spreadsheet for calculation of hops alpha acid after shop- and home storage  (Read 1067 times)

Offline Haawa_Swede

• 1st Kit

After tasting my last brew I realised that I used old hops without compensating for the reduced alpha acid level. Not fun. Planned 91 IBU, actual 58 IBU.
I created a spreadsheet where I could enter all data regarding the storage of the hops so that I can be a little more safe of the alpha acid level.
Harvest date, and storage conditions at the producer is entered, I have to guess how many days the hops are stored at the producer before it is shipped to the retailer. Retailer Storage conditions and shopping day are entered and also storage conditions at home and date of usage. If someone is interested in the Excel sheet please send a message, since there seems to be no way of  posting the document as an attachment.

Happy hops grower and home brewer

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
Do you take into account the HSI for each hop lot?
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline Haawa_Swede

• 1st Kit
 Yes, I do. Each hop variety is handled separately. If you have two batches it is easy to copy one row and make two.
Happy hops grower and home brewer