Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Experimental Brewing Podcast Episode 56 - Unwanted Guests and Answers Past  (Read 1163 times)

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
https://www.experimentalbrew.com/podcast/episode-56-unwanted-guests-and-answers-past

On this week's episode, we hit the pub to talk the beer business before jumping into the hot unwanted guest topic of the day - What is Saccharomyces Distaticus, why is it in the news and how do we kill it? And then we take a listener suggestion for an end of the year wrap up - with a revisit on some of our favorite questions and answers from the non-all Q&A shows.

And then of course Drew leaves you with the most obvious current movie recommendation every because yeah..
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline Wilbur

• Brewmaster
Re: Experimental Brewing Podcast Episode 56 - Unwanted Guests and Answers Past
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2017, 02:15:05 pm »
The music on some of the breaks is so bad its amazing.

BPA-I'm not in a big rush to get rid of BPA, in the past some of the BPA alternatives haven't been proven to be safe either:
http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/01/health/bpa-free-alternatives-may-not-be-safe/index.html

The website seems like a cop out also, I've been telling everyone I know to check the NHTSA website (link below) to see if their car has been affected. Most people have been amazed to find some of their cars airbags aren't safe due to some unscrupulous business decisions. My point is if it's a real safety issue, than anyone that uses/picks up the product should be able to find that out.

Panty dropper-I'm ready to be done with stupid names. Side note: I don't love name of their brewery. Alworth wrote about this a while ago, but a lot of breweries are starting up with forgettable names. Industry brewing near me is one example, I don't know what that means in terms of your brewing philosophy, lineup, except that the decor may be "industrial" (Spoiler, it's not, beer is pretty good though).

Denny, I was also hoping to get involved the IGOR program, I sent an email a few months ago and never heard anything. Is there a different way to get involved?

Offline swampale

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2017, 04:01:03 am »
Says, " no file " when I tried to download it.

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2017, 10:48:33 am »
Says, " no file " when I tried to download it.

Thanks for the report...the IT dept. (Drew) says it's fixed now.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline swampale

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2017, 04:32:31 am »
Thanks guys, got it.