Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: I built my own recipe site. Let me know what you think!  (Read 1562 times)

Offline Matthew

• 1st Kit
I built my own recipe site. Let me know what you think!
« on: December 19, 2017, 04:42:16 pm »
So I was using beersmith and have seen brewtoad as well for sites that allow you to store your recipes.  I really just wanted a site where I could put my own recipes in, have a simple and easy to read ingredients list, and also have a shopping list where I could pull it up at the store and see what I needed to buy. 

I built it in ASP.NET MVC C# hosted in Azure.  It now has HTTPS and does unit conversion for you.  Can you guys let me know what you think?  It's mainly just a recipe book, not necessarily to be used for calculations and brew logging-- but that may come some day.

www.PostBrew.com

Offline stpug

• Brewmaster
Re: I built my own recipe site. Let me know what you think!
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2017, 12:36:28 pm »
Looking great!  A very clean and easy to view layout.  Keep up the good work!

Offline Matthew

• 1st Kit
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2017, 01:39:00 pm »
Looking great!  A very clean and easy to view layout.  Keep up the good work!

Thanks!  I'm hoping to add more features eventually, and have others join in.  Working on importing some from other sites as well.

Offline el_capitan

• Brewer
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2017, 04:56:11 pm »
Reminds me of the old-school recipe database called The Cat's Meow.  The main problem with that site was that there were so many recipes, and it was hard to judge which might produce quality beer, since any old Joe could post a recipe.  This is why I appreciate Brewing Classic Styles - there are many tested and proven recipes to brew or build from.  Are you crawling on the Grainfather recipe page?  I was looking to see if any of my recipes had been added, but didn't see them. 

Thanks for sharing!  Is there a way to add a feedback section, where people who brew these recipes can report back on results and possible improvements? 

Offline Anthony

• 1st Kit
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2017, 06:13:57 pm »
Hi Matthew,

Looks like a nice clean easy to navigate site. I'm looking forward to reading and maybe trying some recipes. I noticed one called Malawi Area Nine - I used to live in Area 12 - some friends in Area 9. Interesting.

Will check site now & then to see progress.

Cheers

Tony Armstrong