Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Some more interesting finds  (Read 1845 times)

Offline 69franx

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Bloatarian Brewing League
Some more interesting finds
« on: January 09, 2018, 01:24:01 pm »
From 1970, new hop growing or processing techniques. Have not yet read much of it, but I know it talks about how ISO extracts are illegal unless exported. They were working on hop shots in the 60's and 70's!

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Frank L.
Fermenting: Nothing (ugh!)
Conditioning: Nothing (UGH!)
In keg: Nothing (Double UGH!)
In the works:  House IPA, Dark Mild, Ballantine Ale clone(still trying to work this one into the schedule)

Offline 69franx

Re: Some more interesting finds
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 01:27:59 pm »
From 1970, new hop growing or processing techniques. Have not yet read much of it, but I know it talks about how ISO extracts are illegal unless exported. They were working on hop shots in the 60's and 70's!

Old brewing calendars or brewing reviews. They are sitting on top of both volumes of Fasbender's Mechanische Technologie.

Frank L.
In the works:  House IPA, Dark Mild, Ballantine Ale clone(still trying to work this one into the schedule)

Offline 69franx

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 01:33:37 pm »

Old brewing calendars or brewing reviews. They are sitting on top of both volumes of Fasbender's Mechanische Technologie.

Revised copy circa 1960. This booklet, according to the letter we found inside, described the Yakima Golding Farms and other hop operations on the west coast of the US and Canada. Also tucked inside this booklet are inventory sheets I believe from the Burger brewery as can be seen in the third pic from 1966. And all the way back to November 1952.

Frank L.

Offline 69franx

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2018, 01:38:15 pm »

Revised copy circa 1960. This booklet, according to the letter we found inside, described the Yakima Golding Farms and other hop operations on the west coast of the US and Canada. Also tucked inside this booklet are inventory sheets I believe from the Burger brewery as can be seen in the third pic from 1966. And all the way back to November 1952.

We also found various order sheets for Burger from Rahr, John I. Haas, SS Steiner Inc, Kurth Malting Company, H.W. Rickel & Co Maltsters, Ladish Malting Co,  as well as an awesome piece (cover sheet??) Of the brewery

Frank L.

Offline 69franx

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2018, 01:40:45 pm »

We also found various order sheets for Burger from Rahr, John I. Haas, SS Steiner Inc, Kurth Malting Company, H.W. Rickel & Co Maltsters, Ladish Malting Co,  as well as an awesome piece (cover sheet??) Of the brewery

Top it all off with a handy booklet prepared and distributed by "Malting Barley Improvement Association" from 1969, pic enclosed

Frank L.

Offline 69franx

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2018, 01:42:46 pm »

Top it all off with a handy booklet prepared and distributed by "Malting Barley Improvement Association" from 1969, pic enclosed

Unfortunately, volume/Band I is missing cover and several opening pages. All in German for these volumes

Just thought some might find these interesting.

Frank L.

Offline Wilbur

• Brewmaster
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2018, 03:14:45 pm »
Kind of cool. My Duolingo also seems to be working, but I'd really love to get a more technical vocabulary. Any tips?