Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Kegging With Care: A Guide to Purging Kegs. Piggy back from Co2 Purity  (Read 1331 times)

Offline hannabrew

• Cellarman
Re: Kegging With Care: A Guide to Purging Kegs. Piggy back from Co2 Purity
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2018, 06:34:05 pm »
Wow great post.  My head hurts...I can only imagine the effort that went into writing this.

Sorry if I'm dense but is the conclusion that a simple fermentation purge without a prior liquid purge is good enough if you're also spunding?

I know I had posted a while back about fermentation purging and I thought you had said that unless I'm also purging ahead of time it wasn't enough so I've been doing both to be safe.

Obviously I know it won't hurt but with floating dip tubes, liquid purging is a pain in the ass!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 06:35:53 pm by hannabrew »

Big Monk

Re: Kegging With Care: A Guide to Purging Kegs. Piggy back from Co2 Purity
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2018, 06:44:59 pm »
Wow great post.  My head hurts...I can only imagine the effort that went into writing this.

Sorry if I'm dense but is the conclusion that a simple fermentation purge without a prior liquid purge is good enough if you're also spunding?

I know I had posted a while back about fermentation purging and I thought you had said that unless I'm also purging ahead of time it wasn't enough so I've been doing both to be safe.

Obviously I know it won't hurt but with floating dip tubes, liquid purging is a pain in the ass!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Well, to be honest, much of the heavy math came from doug293cz over at HBT. His response to the fermentation purging idea was pretty epic. Credit where credit is due for sure.

We wanted a place to put the precedural nuts and bolts for purging methods in as well.