Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: ISO Spike System equipment profile  (Read 1823 times)

Offline Ellismr

• Assistant Brewer
ISO Spike System equipment profile
« on: January 22, 2018, 04:27:03 pm »
Just got the spike system 15 gallon.  I want to build the equipment profile in Beersmith.  I cannot find the specifics on the Sike web page.  I sent an email to them today.  Maybe I'll get some info but wanted to reach out to the community for information if available. 
Brew what you like & brew often.

Offline Stevie

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Re: ISO Spike System equipment profile
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 06:21:39 pm »
What are you looking for? All you should need is the dead space volumes. This is easy to do on your own.

Offline 69franx

• Bloatarian Brewing League
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2018, 06:22:31 pm »
Just got the spike system 15 gallon.  I want to build the equipment profile in Beersmith.  I cannot find the specifics on the Sike web page.  I sent an email to them today.  Maybe I'll get some info but wanted to reach out to the community for information if available.
You may have to do a wet/dry run with water to find out your system's specifics: lauter tun dead space, boil off rate, etc. I know thats not the answer you want, but it will give you some real life answers for your brewery in your location

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Frank L.
Fermenting: Nothing (ugh!)
Conditioning: Nothing (UGH!)
In keg: Nothing (Double UGH!)
In the works:  House IPA, Dark Mild, Ballantine Ale clone(still trying to work this one into the schedule)

Offline 69franx

• Bloatarian Brewing League
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2018, 06:23:02 pm »

You may have to do a wet/dry run with water to find out your system's specifics: lauter tun dead space, boil off rate, etc. I know thats not the answer you want, but it will give you some real life answers for your brewery in your location

Edit to add: and I'm jealous if that system

Frank L.
Fermenting: Nothing (ugh!)
Conditioning: Nothing (UGH!)
In keg: Nothing (Double UGH!)
In the works:  House IPA, Dark Mild, Ballantine Ale clone(still trying to work this one into the schedule)