Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Finally it is Hockey time again!  (Read 5612 times)

boulderbrewer

Re: Finally it is Hockey time again!
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2010, 07:56:16 pm »
I'm sure Tubercle will let the north and south be by-gones and watch the Carolinas' Hurricanes.

Offline wingnut

• Brewer
  • Plainwell MI
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2010, 09:12:58 am »
I'm sure Tubercle will let the north and south be by-gones and watch the Carolinas' Hurricanes.

I know when I was working in Southern Indiana/Northern KY... and I wanted to watch the STANLY CUP... that was not on TV, so I hear what Tubercle is saying!!!  The teams may be there, but TV coverage is not what we Yankees enjoy!! 

Maybee if Hockey players only made left turns, the Southern States would be more interested! :D
-- Wingnut - Cheers!

Offline akr71

• Brewmaster
  • Beer Ain't Drinkin' - Mojo Nixon
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2010, 10:06:47 am »
Maybe if the NHL didn't try to force broadcasters into contract to nationally televised games and let regional stations carry regional games, there would be more hockey on TV in the US.

Seems to me that NBC only ever carries Rangers, Wings, Pens or Caps games.
Andy

Amherst, NS - Canada

Offline tubercle

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Sweet Caroline
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2010, 11:16:07 am »
I just found out that there is hockey in the south!

There is a team in a neighboring city about 30 miles away. http://greenvilleroadwarriors.com/

I told the lovely and talented Ms. Tubercle that we should check this out to see what all the excitement is about.

It's hard to imagine anything more exciting and fast paced as Atlanta Braves baseball but I was willing to give it a try. ;D

Then she says - "My boss has season tickets and he said we could use them any time we wanted for free" :o

If its free; Its for me.

There may be a hockey game in Tubercle's future.
Sweet Caroline where the Sun rises over the deep blue sea and sets somewhere beyond Tennessee

Offline weazletoe

• Brewmaster General
  • Howland, Ohio
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2010, 05:37:17 pm »
Do it man! You gotta go to a game. I have turned several people into hockey fans by taking them to a game. I love to watch it on tv, but hockey is one of the few sports that's better to watch in person. Go, have a great time, and the Weaze be there with you in spirit.
A man works hard all week, so he doesn't have to wear pants all weekend.

boulderbrewer

« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2010, 09:18:09 pm »
Who knows maybe tubercle may just buy some skates and play hockey himself. The only true way to enjoy hockey.