Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: MoreBeer forum is apparently dead  (Read 10504 times)

Offline dmtaylor

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Lord Idiot the Lazy
    • YEAST MASTER Perma-Living
MoreBeer forum is apparently dead
« on: January 22, 2018, 06:50:54 pm »
I just attempted to go to the MoreBeer forum to see if there were any posts over the past couple weeks, only to find.... the link is dead.  I couldn't find any link on the main site either.  They weren't getting any traffic anymore for the past couple years, so I guess they finally pulled the plug.  About 10 years ago it was a pretty hip forum.  Wonder who's next.

Old/dead link:

forums.moreflavor.com
Dave

The world will become a much more pleasant place to live when each and every one of us realizes that we are all idiots.

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
Re: MoreBeer forum is apparently dead
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 07:23:13 pm »
That was the first forum I went to. Found it when I bought my first kit from them. I remember getting treated a wee bit unfriendly. Mr Conn was great to me and suggested the AHA forum and it was much much better.

Flash backs... I didn't know nothing about nothing back then. I know a little more now, but darn near everything I know was told to me here, or from a podcast. Of course it's all MY knowledge now, ya know. I pretty much invented beer, just ask me.

Who's next? Not us I hope. And I am planning on doing something about it.

New brewer questions get polite answers

There's no ugly in brewing! I'm learning to ignore ugly.

Experience based... I'm not blurting stuff unless I've tried it. If I haven't tried it, I'll make it clear I haven't.

Here to have fun and learn or help learn.

Offline Iliff Ave

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2018, 07:44:36 pm »
Jim, your return has been a breath of fresh air. I hope things get turned around. I don’t post much but am constantly on.

Anyone know what ever happened to Ken (don’t know his last name)? Wish he would come back.

You two and Jon (Hoosier) were always the most helpful contributors to things that applied to me.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 07:47:03 pm by goschman »
On Tap/Bottled: IPL, Adjunct Vienna, Golden Stout, Honey Lager
Fermenting: IPA
Up Next: mexi lager, Germerican pale ale

Offline dmtaylor

• Lord Idiot the Lazy
    • YEAST MASTER Perma-Living
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2018, 07:56:44 pm »
Jim, your return has been a breath of fresh air. I hope things get turned around. I don’t post much but am constantly on.

Anyone know what ever happened to Ken (don’t know his last name)? Wish he would come back.

You two and Jon (Hoosier) were always the most helpful contributors to things that applied to me.

I agree, it's good to have Jim back.

You must be alluding to Ken Lenard.  I'm not sure where that dude went.

Cheers.
Dave

The world will become a much more pleasant place to live when each and every one of us realizes that we are all idiots.

Offline Robert

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2018, 07:57:15 pm »
You got me to look around and see what's left.  What I noticed is, of everything out there, this really is top of the heap here.

The knowledge being shared here seems more in-depth, and trustworthy, and people care enough to correct and elaborate.  Activity level is higher. Members seem more engaged. And despite the occasional acrimony around here, this forum is pretty fun (some have all the personality of a phone book.)  On that acrimony, and the occasional other sorts of annoyance (trolls etc), I spotted many identical posts and topics out there -- some people will just go and poke every eyeball they can find.  The fact that other forums don't get in a dither over inappropriateness seems to be partly that they don't seem discerning enough to recognize it or care.

For all the criticism the forum and the AHA may arouse, it is a community, and a rewarding one.  Glad I'm here.
Rob Stein
Akron, Ohio

I'd rather have questions I can't answer than answers I can't question.

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2018, 07:57:33 pm »
Thanks but I can use some improvement, honestly.

Ken... KX250? Or similar... he sent me some beers after I have him some Simcoe. Great beers!!!! Absolutely killer Barleywine.

Jon... what can you say? He's a diamond. Really nice guy, extremely helpful, and knows stouts!

The OP on the other hand... kidding, he's in my top 5 or so too.

Keith, amazing he tolerates us. His beer is fantastic and he works harder than any of us but still has time to be abused.

JoeSR is a great guy who needs to brew more, lol. His words not mine.

Several I'm probably forgetting. I miss Amanda.

OF course folks like Martin and Denny, duh!

This can not be lost.

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2018, 08:01:29 pm »
MoreBeer (B3 for the real old timers) was the first forum I ever participated in unless you count the old HomebrewDigest. Believe it or not I was in contact with Gary last October.

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2018, 08:03:14 pm »
At the risk of coming off high and mighty, (Not my role here, I prefer being the class clown) we are adults. Any ugliness is owned by all of us, not just the leadership. Leadership is voluntary here... it don't pay enough to shoulder responsibility for foolishment.

Having said that, its way past time to quit looking backwards. Suck it up buttercup! Own your part, change, and let's get back to what made it great.

Please? Lol

Big Monk

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2018, 08:03:53 pm »

I think you mean Wort H.O.G. (Ken)

Offline Iliff Ave

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2018, 08:05:16 pm »

That’s the Ken I’m thinking of. Thanks!
On Tap/Bottled: IPL, Adjunct Vienna, Golden Stout, Honey Lager
Fermenting: IPA
Up Next: mexi lager, Germerican pale ale

Offline Robert

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2018, 08:05:22 pm »

I wasn't here when Jim was apparently gone, but I've really enjoyed his being around. His threads around New Year's about finding your happy brewing place really were something I needed.  Stick around, Jim.  You've got the attitude that's the antidote.
Rob Stein
Akron, Ohio

I'd rather have questions I can't answer than answers I can't question.

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2018, 08:07:17 pm »

That’s the Ken I’m thinking of. Thanks!
Oh ya, Wort HOG!! Great guy.

Big Monk

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2018, 08:17:12 pm »
There are many people gone from when I started here in 2014. It’s a shame for sure. Especially because they were advanced brewers.

I wish people like AmandaK, Wort H.O.G., etc. would come back to the forum. There are so many topics to discuss and it seems kind of a bummer that personal differences between certain people would have forced helpful people away from a place that they liked to frequent.

I certainly can’t absolve myself totally from some of the guilt but at the same time it’s water under the bridge.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 08:37:04 pm by Big Monk »

Big Monk

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2018, 09:14:02 pm »

I agree, it's good to have Jim back.

You must be alluding to Ken Lenard.  I'm not sure where that dude went.

Cheers.

Ken has been posting over at the LOB forum.

Offline JT

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Bloatarian Brewing League - Cincinnati, OH
    • Bloatarian Brewing League
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2018, 10:46:46 pm »
WortH.O.G. has been a great contributor, he returned briefly but haven't seen him a lot.  Pretty certain Ken Lenard is Village Taphouse.  Still posts his gorgeous lagers regularly, usually four or so at a time!

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."