Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Blichmann Breweasy All-Grain Brewing System For Sale  (Read 2027 times)

Offline Lara

• 1st Kit
Blichmann Breweasy All-Grain Brewing System For Sale
« on: January 24, 2018, 07:18:09 am »
I've had this a couple of years. It's a fantastic piece of equipment. Only reason I am selling it is because it's just me at the house and I can't consume as much beer as I was making and moved to a small batch system.  Price includes extra pieces of equipment that I added: a plate chiller and quick disconnects for the tubes. I've made 18 gallon batches on this, but you could make 10 gallons easily.  I probably brewed 6 times on it.  It's in great shape.  Like new.  Have about $2500 in the system, selling for $1800.  Located in Louisville, Kentucky.

The BrewEasy is a revolutionary and ultra-compact all-grain brewing system that utilizes a patent-pending two kettle recirculation infusion mash process called Kettle-RIMS or K-RIMS for short. This setup gets rid of the hot liquor tank of a traditional three tier system and does away with the time consuming and somewhat complicated sparging process. Ultimately, it gives the all-grain brewer the simplicity of a brew-in-a-bag (BIAB) system, but eliminates the cloudy wort, messy and heavy lifting, all while providing better efficiency! You also get the temperature control and ramping capabilities of a traditional RIMS system. It is simple to setup and easy to use, can fit in your closet which is great for those who live in an apartment or condo, and is a very approachable way to transition from extract to all-grain brewing.

This product comes with all the pieces you need to get the ultimate BrewEasy setup.! Comes with the following:

Two BoilerMaker brew pots (boil kettle and mash tun) and false bottom.
BrewEasy adapter set with plumbing hardware, AutoSparge, and necessary tubing.
Floor Standing Burner with propane hose and regulator.
Tower of Power temperature control module.
Tower of Power LTE stand with Blichmann RipTide Pump.
*Added quick disconnects.
*Added a plate chiller.

BoilerMaker Brew Pots
This BrewEasy all-in system comes with two BoilerMaker brew pots. The upper pot is the mash tun and the lower pot is the boil kettle. Based on your chosen batch sizes, here are the pot sizes that come with the kit:

Mash Tun (upper pot) 15 gal
Boil Kettle (lower pot) 20 gal

So, How Does it all Work?
Simply start with ALL of your brewing water (liquor) for your brew day and place about half in the lower pot (boil kettle) and the remainder in the upper pot (mash tun). Set your AutoSparge, turn on the pump, and add heat. The liquor will recirculate from the boil kettle, into the mash tun, and back into the boil kettle. Recirculation flow rate is controlled by included orifices, allowing for 6 flow settings from 0.5 - 2.0 gpm. When you're at your desired temperature, turn off the pump and add your malt. Maintaining your mash temp or even ramping through several temperature rests is a breeze with the Tower of Power LTE system that is included. Just set your temp and sit back. When you're through with your mash, simply turn off the pump and let all the wort from your mash tun drain into your brew kettle and boil as normal. It's as simple as that!

Can I brew smaller batches on a BrewEasy system designed for larger batches?
Yes, you can definitely do this, but there are some caveats to note and special steps will need to be taken. The challenge is two-fold: an overly thin mash bed (which can lead to cloudy wort), mixed with a lower volume in the boil kettle (which can lead to carmelization). In general, the suggestion is to purchase the system that fits the batch size you plan to brew the most. See suggestions below:

5 gal. batch
A minimum of 10 lbs. of grain. You'll also need the 9 in. AutoSparge float rod (SKU BE-000259-00), to accommodate the smaller mash. Maintain a minimum volume of 5 gallons in the bottom kettle at all times.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 09:59:38 am by Lara »