Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Chugger max review  (Read 1065 times)

Offline TENNISPROROB

• Cellarman
Chugger max review
« on: February 05, 2018, 07:20:57 pm »
There's not much out there about these pumps. Does anyone have the chugger max?  What are the thoughts on them? I have trouble getting a decent whirlpool with my march pump. I does just fine with just water but with wort it seems to not work the same. I have been using two pumps to get the whirlpool I want and even then it's not that great. Hopefully someone has good stuff to say about them so I feel better about buying one.

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
Re: Chugger max review
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 07:42:56 pm »
Dunno Max, but my chugger is fine. I Wirlpool a ton.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 08:22:43 pm by klickitat jim »

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
Re: Chugger max review
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2018, 04:14:30 am »
I used to have what appears to be the earlier rendition of that pump but looks like that one now has a stainless head. the impeller looks the same though and I had major problems with that breaking. Surely if they are still selling that pump they have fixed the problem (?). Makes me want to dig it back out and replace the head and the impeller and see if it works.

Anyway, you will definitely want to have a 1" port on your kettle (it can feed back into a half inch) or it won't work. It has to have that higher flow rate or you will have all kinds of problems.

That said, no problems on even a 35 gallon batch getting a WP on my regular old March pumps.