Author Topic: Greetings Fellow Brewers!  (Read 315 times)

Offline JoshBeer

• 1st Kit
    • View Profile
    • Everything Homebrew
Greetings Fellow Brewers!
« on: January 18, 2018, 07:25:39 PM »
My name is Josh Ratliff, I'm 40 years old, and I'm a long time AHA member, but first time poster in the forums. I've been homebrewing for about 15 years now. For the past decade, I've been working in the homebrew supply industry. I have worked in 4 homebrew shops (managed 2 and started 1) over the years. For the past 3 years, I've been the Brewmaster for Mr. Beer (I'm sure you've heard of us...lol), which is owned by Coopers Brewing Co (Australia).

Mr. Beer is headquartered in sunny Tucson, Arizona, where I have lived off and on for over 20 years. As the Brewmaster for MRB, I design many of our recipes and test new products that will go on our website. I also run our 1st physical retail store in our 25+ year history called "Everything Homebrew". In addition to our retail sales, we also conduct classes and brewing/tasting events.

In addition to working within the industry, I'm also a BJCP Judge and member of the Tucson Homebrew Club. I also attend the AHA Conference annually as a Sponsor.

Because I've been so active within the homebrew industry and am very familiar with the vendors, trends, and other aspects within the industry, I've decided to run for the 2018 Governing Committee. I believe that I can be a great asset to to committee when it comes to industry matters. I also have a background in radio (10+ years) and community advocacy. I volunteered with a non-profit group called Media Island International for several years. I'm very familiar with volunteer recruiting, fundraising, and organizational management. I would love your vote for one of the 5 available seats that are coming up for election (voting starts in Feb). OK, that's enough shameless campaigning...lol.

My favorite styles of beer include anything "farmhouse" (saisons, grisettes, Bier De Garde, etc.), anything with Brett, sours, IPAs (West Coast and NE), stouts (especially milk stouts and BA stouts), and clean, crisp pilsners.

My other hobbies besides brewing, include cycling (mountain biking mostly, but I have a BMX racing background), online gaming, and reading about science. I also enjoy traveling and eating/drinking exotic foods/drinks.

Cheers!  :D

Josh Ratliff
Brewmaster/Manager
Cooper's DIY/Mr. Beer/Everything Homebrew
Tucson, AZ
1-800-852-4263 (ext. 7612)
joshr@coopersdiy.com

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • View Profile
    • Dennybrew
Re: Greetings Fellow Brewers!
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2018, 08:03:48 PM »
Hi Josh!  Thanks for running for GC!
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline JoshBeer

• 1st Kit
    • View Profile
    • Everything Homebrew
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 10:22:16 PM »
Thanks for the welcome, Denny! I also just applied to enter 3 beers into the National Homebrew Competition. Hopefully they do well this year. I can't wait for the NHC in Portland! Minneapolis was fun, but Portland is one of my favorite cities and I have lots of friends there so it should be a blast.

Cheers!  ;D
Josh Ratliff
Brewmaster/Manager
Tucson, AZ
joshr@coopersdiy.com

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • View Profile
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2018, 10:29:01 PM »
Thanks for the welcome, Denny! I also just applied to enter 3 beers into the National Homebrew Competition. Hopefully they do well this year. I can't wait for the NHC in Portland! Minneapolis was fun, but Portland is one of my favorite cities and I have lots of friends there so it should be a blast.

Cheers!  ;D

See ya there!
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2018, 12:03:32 AM »
See you in Portland. Good luck on the GC election.
Jeff Rankert
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
AHA Governing Committee
BJCP National
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline JoshBeer

• 1st Kit
    • View Profile
    • Everything Homebrew
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2018, 06:27:34 PM »
Hey friends, the GC election site is up! Please vote for me, Josh Ratliff for a seat on the committee! Cheers!

https://www.homebrewersassociation.org/membership/aha-governing-committee/election/
Josh Ratliff
Brewmaster/Manager
Tucson, AZ
joshr@coopersdiy.com