Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Longer beer line, less foam??  (Read 15403 times)

Offline James K

• Brewer
  • Flagstaff, AZ
Re: Longer beer line, less foam??
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2018, 01:08:10 am »
You have lots of good reading material— so I’m sure you’ve read about carbonation level & temp & and beerline diameter and height of taps, etc.  To share my experience... I have a keezer with faucets in the collar and 2.5 g kegs and 3/16” line.  Temp is 38* ... regulator at 11psi... line is 10 ft and pour is very good.  ymmv.   Best—

I also use 3/16” line and leave my fridge at 38*. My line is 8’ for 3 kegs that are connected by manifold and I adjust psi semi often depending what I have going. When I start getting a lot of foam I either turn the psi off, or sometimes I depressurize and leave the psi from 8-14. That usually happens after the keg has been sitting at 20-30 for a few days though.
Vice President of Flagstaff Mountain-Top Mashers
2017 Homebrewer of the year
"One mouth doesn't taste the beer."

Offline Robert

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2018, 05:31:27 am »
You need some flow control.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always had my system "balanced" according to all the numbers in the DBQM. But the flow was still too fast.  Just installed Intertap flow control faucet, pulled first glass.  There will be a learning curve getting it set just right  but I can see this is a great solution!

Just an update:  love the Intertap flow control, can't recommend it enough.
Rob Stein
Akron, Ohio

I'd rather have questions I can't answer than answers I can't question.

Offline ynotbrusum

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2018, 12:34:36 pm »
You can always just pour into a small pitcher (you don't have to fill it, of course).  That is what I do when I have groups over and the beer is draining out quickly and a bit foamy.
Hodge Garage Brewing: "Brew with a glad heart!"