Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Greetings from Joliet, Il  (Read 1300 times)

Offline KellerBrauer

• Brewmaster
  • Bottoms Up!
Greetings from Joliet, Il
« on: February 10, 2018, 06:27:21 am »
Greetings All - I’m new to this forum.  I have spent the last few years as an avid contributor to the BeerSmith forum.  But that forum seems to have taken a turn in recent months and I’m looking for a new place to share ideas, ask questions, help fellow brewers and....

I started brewing with Mr. Beer and got tired of making someone else’s recipe, so I went to all-grain about 5 years ago and haven’t looked back since.  I typically brew 12-14 batched per year that I share with my friends and family.

So, looking forward to meeting new brewers!
Joliet, IL

All good things come to those who show patients and perseverance while maintaining a positive and progressive attitude. 😉

Offline riceral

• Brewer
Re: Greetings from Joliet, Il
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2018, 06:33:54 am »
Welcome aboard KellerBrauer.

Questions are welcome and answers to others questions are more than welcome.

I look forward to hearing from you in the future.

Ralph R.

Offline dls5492

• Brewer
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2018, 08:40:05 am »
Welcome! Have you gotten involved with a Homebrew Club there?
David S.
Cedar Falls, IA
Club: Cedar River Association of Zymurgy Enthusiasts (CRAZE)

And the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. II Cor. 3:17

Offline ynotbrusum

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2018, 10:27:51 am »
Welcome to the forum - with your experience, you will be a good contributor.  I second the recommendation about joining a club - you are in the area of the BOSS (Brewers of South Suburbia) Homebrew club, a well known club in Will County that hosts the Charlie Orr Memorial Challenge each March.

Cheers!
Hodge Garage Brewing: "Brew with a glad heart!"

Offline Bob357

• Brewmaster
  • Consensus means nothing to me. I am who I am.
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2018, 11:47:47 am »
Greetings All - I’m new to this forum.  I have spent the last few years as an avid contributor to the BeerSmith forum.  But that forum seems to have taken a turn in recent months and I’m looking for a new place to share ideas, ask questions, help fellow brewers and....

I started brewing with Mr. Beer and got tired of making someone else’s recipe, so I went to all-grain about 5 years ago and haven’t looked back since.  I typically brew 12-14 batched per year that I share with my friends and family.

So, looking forward to meeting new brewers!

How about old ones KellerBrauer?  Good to see you here. I'm spending much less time on BS for much the same reason.
Beer is my bucket list,

Bob357
Fallon, NV

Offline KellerBrauer

• Brewmaster
  • Bottoms Up!
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2018, 01:19:04 pm »
Welcome! Have you gotten involved with a Homebrew Club there?

Greetings dls5492 - thanks for your response.  Yes, and no.  There are a few home brew clubs I would love to get involved with.  However, their meeting schedule does not jive with mine and until I’m fully retired (about 18 months) it will be difficult to commit time to a club.  But I’m looking forward to joining one when time permits.

Thanks for asking!
Joliet, IL

All good things come to those who show patients and perseverance while maintaining a positive and progressive attitude. 😉

Offline KellerBrauer

• Brewmaster
  • Bottoms Up!
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2018, 01:25:39 pm »

How about old ones KellerBrauer?  Good to see you here. I'm spending much less time on BS for much the same reason.

Greetings Bob357!  Great to see you here!  Yea, it was getting to be more than I could tolerate and Brad didn’t seem to want to correct it.  So, here I am!  So far, I have had a very warm welcome!  I’m looking forward to continuing my education, as well as helping others, in this crazy hobby we call Home Brewing!

Thanks for your reply Bob!
Joliet, IL