Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Great brew day pint glass  (Read 776 times)

Offline Wilbur

• Brewmaster
Great brew day pint glass
« on: February 14, 2018, 06:50:28 pm »
I know a decent number of you don't drink during the brew day, but I like to keep the spirit of my homebrew alive by drinking one from the previous batch. Think of it as a human solera project. My problem lately, is I've been cutting down on mash times, cutting down on boil times, and sometimes that means my beer has been sitting all by it's lonesome and is warm by the time I remember it.

(Not my pic)

I got two of these Magisso glasses for Christmas, but never really had a chance to try them until recently. Run a little cold water on the outside, and the glass stays cold for a few hours.Pour myself a beer at the beginning of the mash, and by the time I'm chilling and remember I have it, it's still cold and carbonated.

https://magisso.com/products/tumbler-white-line/

Offline Lazy Ant Brewing

• Brewmaster
Re: Great brew day pint glass
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2018, 01:17:32 pm »
I usually have one while I'm stirring the boil pot.  I usually have my porters or stouts at close-to-freezing temps in the garage.  Since they are stored at well below serving temp, they taste good for a looong time - or at least until I open another one.
It's easier to read brewing books and get information from the forum than to sacrifice virgins to appease the brewing gods when bad beer happens!