Hi there AHA members, I wanted to remind you all to vote in our annual Best Beers in America Survey.http://homebrewersassociation.org/zym-best-beers
It’ll only take a few minutes of your time, and by submitting your votes you not only make your opinion heard, but also will be entered in a drawing to win fabulous AHA swag!
I know there are a lot of beer polls out there, and some question why we continue to do this every year, well here are some reasons:
1. This poll is limited to the homebrewer members of the American Homebrewers Association—people who know quality beer. Thus, this survey has more credibility than others, which is why…
2. Nothing we do generates more mainstream media coverage for homebrewing than the results of this poll, not National Homebrew Competition results, not GABF pro-am, not Big Brew, not Homebrew Con. Last year, the media outlets that covered the Best Beers survey results had a combined audience of 154 million. That’s big-time exposure for homebrewing. That kind of exposure gets more people into the hobby, meaning more customers for the LHBS, more members for the local homebrew club, and hopefully more members for the AHA.
3. The Best Beers survey helps us generate the clone (tribute?) recipes that AHA members want.
4. One thing that I find really satisfying about the results of this survey is that it isn’t just a bunch of white whale beers that can only be found on the black market for an exorbitant price or at an in-person event with a line a mile long. Too many of those beers end up being over-rated precisely because the raters spent too much money/time on a beer.
5. Similar to the rant in #4, this survey isn’t just about the hottest trends, either.
It took me way longer to type this post than it will take you to vote. So do me a favor and vote!
Thanks for listening.
Your humble servant in homebrewing,