Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: HomeBrew Con 2018  (Read 14911 times)

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
Re: HomeBrew Con 2018
« Reply #90 on: February 21, 2018, 07:46:26 am »
I noticed the hotel is available for NHC on the homebrewcon website at the Doubletree.  Is this the only hotel?  How many rooms does the Doubletree have?  $189 plus 15.3% is a little steeper than previous years but booked a room anyways.

Typically the hotel wasn't available until after registration.
I know that there were people who booked directly with hotels at Grand Rapids. It is a backdoor to get a reservation. The price may not be the conference rate. Did you confirm that it was?
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline riceral

• Brewer
« Reply #91 on: February 21, 2018, 07:48:41 am »
I noticed the hotel is available for NHC on the homebrewcon website at the Doubletree.  Is this the only hotel?  How many rooms does the Doubletree have?  $189 plus 15.3% is a little steeper than previous years but booked a room anyways.

I booked a room here:    http://innatcc.com.    Right across the street from the conference center. If you check this out, be sure to read some of the reviews before you decide.

Cancelation possible until the day before my reservation with no penalty. I figure I would wait until registration to see what hotels are available and book a room at one of those is less expensive.

Ralph R.

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #92 on: February 21, 2018, 10:41:58 am »

I don't know for sure, but I seriously doubt it's the only hotel.  There are typically 3-5 of them.  Are they offering the discount already?
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline theDarkSide

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Derry, NH
« Reply #93 on: February 21, 2018, 11:17:58 am »

I don't know for sure, but I seriously doubt it's the only hotel.  There are typically 3-5 of them.  Are they offering the discount already?

It's on the homebrewcon site, with a book room link and the discount code is listed as AHA.  Rate is $189 per night.  Since it's on the official site, I'm guessing it's legit.  Either way I have a room booked and the cancellation policy is 72 hours priors.

Edit:  Of course this is direct through DoubleTree and not a housing bureau like done in the past., so who knows.  I figure I can wait until after registration to see what the story is and the cancel this one if necessary.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 11:20:46 am by theDarkSide »
Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #94 on: February 21, 2018, 12:20:50 pm »

It's on the homebrewcon site, with a book room link and the discount code is listed as AHA.  Rate is $189 per night.  Since it's on the official site, I'm guessing it's legit.  Either way I have a room booked and the cancellation policy is 72 hours priors.

Edit:  Of course this is direct through DoubleTree and not a housing bureau like done in the past., so who knows.  I figure I can wait until after registration to see what the story is and the cancel this one if necessary.

OK, looked it up, and it is good. I’m not sure how many hotels they will have, but that is the main hotel. It is on the Max line, which makes it nice if you don’t want to walk to the Convention Center, or want to go to downtown Portland.
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline MDixon

• Brewmaster General
« Reply #95 on: February 21, 2018, 06:00:20 pm »
Booked!
It's not a popularity contest, it's beer!