Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Chicago Deep Dish  (Read 1491 times)

Offline BrewBama

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Chicago Deep Dish
« on: March 10, 2018, 04:54:43 pm »
Made Sausage (sensa fennel) and dough from realdeepdish.com  Sauce was from a Dell’s knock off:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline TeeDubb

• Assistant Brewer
  • San Jose, CA
Re: Chicago Deep Dish
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2018, 06:18:32 pm »
Yum!  Looks like a really nice execution.  Great attention to detail with the sliced cheese, homemade sausage and hopefully you found the right kind of tomato sauce.  Mouth is watering...

I grew up in Chicago and being 2100 miles away now the only options are to make from scratch. It took a few dozen tries to dial in the ingredients and the dough, but always better than any local place claiming to have the real deal.

Offline Robert

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2018, 08:39:26 pm »
That is one beautiful pie. A veritable vision of a tomatoey tart.  A deep dish of divine delectability.  Thank you for not calling it a pizza.  Oh, I'm sorry, we're not supposed to discuss religion here.  ;)  Really, I'm hungry now! Nice job.
Rob Stein
Akron, Ohio

I'd rather have questions I can't answer than answers I can't question.

Offline KellerBrauer

• Brewmaster
  • Bottoms Up!
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2018, 06:47:15 am »
That is beautiful!  I have been working on my Deep Dish rendition for years with little success.  May I ask, where did you find the pan?  While there are many traits that make up a perfect Deep Dish Pizza, the straight sided pan is one of them.  I have tried using a cake pan, but they’re simply not big enough.  I’ve also tried using a cast iron pan, but the iron seems to take too long to heat up.  Thanks for sharing!
Joliet, IL

All good things come to those who show patients and perseverance while maintaining a positive and progressive attitude. 😉

Offline BrewBama

Chicago Deep Dish
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2018, 09:51:54 am »
That is beautiful!  I have been working on my Deep Dish rendition for years with little success.  May I ask, where did you find the pan?  While there are many traits that make up a perfect Deep Dish Pizza, the straight sided pan is one of them.  I have tried using a cake pan, but they’re simply not big enough.  I’ve also tried using a cast iron pan, but the iron seems to take too long to heat up.  Thanks for sharing!

I used a 9” Calphalon but here’s a more authentic source: http://www.akitchen.com/store/ppanhc2in.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline KellerBrauer

• Brewmaster
  • Bottoms Up!
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2018, 01:21:37 pm »
Awesome!  Thank you very much!!
Joliet, IL

All good things come to those who show patients and perseverance while maintaining a positive and progressive attitude. 😉