Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: BIAB wort recirculating pump experiences??  (Read 1602 times)

Offline haeffnkr

• Cellarman
BIAB wort recirculating pump experiences??
« on: February 24, 2018, 03:26:46 pm »
Hi,
I brew 12 gallon batches, EBIAB in a keggle. It works out fine but I am looking to get a bigger kettle so I dont have to sparge and hope to run a recirculating pump to filter the wort in the grain bed to get clearer wort.
I tried this ones or twice but even at the lowest out put I could sustain the bag would not flow fast enough and my element started to go dry.
I am hoping with a 25 or 30 gallon pot I can build/buy a basket to fit inside the pot, line it with a bag and recirculate the wort to get clearer wort. The bigger pot and basket will allow much more surface for the bag to drain/filter is my thought.

Anyone have success doing something like this?

thanks in advance - haeffnkr

Offline Bob357

• Brewmaster
  • Consensus means nothing to me. I am who I am.
Re: BIAB wort recirculating pump experiences??
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2018, 04:19:56 pm »
I found this: https://www.brewhardware.com/category_s/1826.htm  Haven't used it yet. but sure it will be a great improvement over the vegetable steamer I've been using. They come in 3 diameters and a choice of spacing from the bottom of your BK. Hope this helps.
Beer is my bucket list,

Bob357
Fallon, NV

Offline LeftyLucy

• 1st Kit
Re: BIAB wort recirculating pump experiences??
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2018, 05:13:15 pm »
Oh, those look good.  I brew much smaller batches - 5-6 gallons, but I can still use those.  So far I haven't had any issues with burning the wort though.  And I don't sparge, that's the beauty of BIAB..