Author Topic: Storage: The Ikea Brewery  (Read 1452 times)

Offline Wilbur

• Brewer
    • View Profile
Storage: The Ikea Brewery
« on: April 06, 2018, 03:12:06 PM »
Doing some spring cleaning and getting organized in the brewery! I saw some storage options in IKEA when I was in Chicago, and decided to upgrade from the folding table I've been using. Unfortunately, they didn't quite have enough bits to make it as large as I wanted.

Ive got some space to hang hoses to dry, on the pegboard and off to the side. Everything is consolidated, from the workshop, garage, and laundry room into a dedicated room that happens to have a washer and dryer. The drawers aren't full depth unfortunately, but they do a good job of holding a scale and a few other small bits I want on hand. Hopefully I can get the table out of there soon.

A few notes:
  • The pegboard feels like its epoxy coated, so moisture shouldn't be a problem
  • Shelf is stained with exterior stain to keep a matte finish and avoid peeling
  • Shelving is the modular Ivar system, and the pegboard is the Skadis system. They have some nice little bins for small things.
  • The drawers can have the front angled out, or vertical like a normal drawer. Not sure which one I prefer right now.

Offline duncan

• AHA Web Editor
  • Administrator
  • Brewer
    • View Profile
    • HomebrewersAssociation.org
Re: Storage: The Ikea Brewery
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 02:58:27 PM »
I love seeing how people hack IKEA furniture. Looks great!
AHA Web Editor.

Follow the American Homebrewers Association on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.