Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Introducing the Brew Guru mobile app  (Read 14082 times)

Offline funkjustice

• 1st Kit
Re: Introducing the Brew Guru mobile app
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2017, 07:19:12 am »
I like this app but have a few questions/items of feedback:

I'm a paid member and I'm logged in, but the homepage still says "your trail membership has expired". Not the worst thing but kind of annoying to see every time a launch the app.

Also, the access to articles is janky to me. Why have it limited to collections only?  How come we cannot access the whole database of articles?  Right now the website is the way to go for articles but it would be great to have access on the app. Plus a search feature would be a welcome addition too.

Cheers

Offline ethinson

• Brewmaster
  • Why is the beer always gone?
    • River Pirate Brewing Co.
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2017, 06:02:21 am »
The BrewGuru App is great for a 1.0 app. I've found an interesting bug, but haven't found a place to report it, so hopefully, the devs read this forum!

I am a regular at Heretic BC in Fairfield, CA. The Brew Guru app notifies me 5 minutes after I LEAVE Heretic that "You are near Heretic Brewing Company" and that there are AHA discounts there. Luckily, they all know me and I get my AHA discount anyway, but it's funny that it does not recognize that I am actually AT the brewery while I am there. I don't think it is the GPS on my iPhone because it is accurate in all the other apps.

Keep working on it! Great start!

Cheers!

ShoeBrew

I don't know if it could be related, but I notice this all the time with facebook and it will be very slow to up date.  I'll get home and then "It looks like you're at Portland Brewing Company" Well... no... I was an hour ago....

I downloaded the app while I was visiting Denver but I could never get it to load.  I have an older phone (only a couple years though) and some newer apps don't run very well, so it's probably a problem on my end.  Just for reference though, EVERYWHERE in Denver has an AHA discount.  Just ask.   A couple places as high as 20%, but most often it was 10% with a handful 15%. 
SE Portland - AKA Beervana
Captain and Chief Deck Swabber - River Pirate Brewing Co.
Certified BJCP Beer Judge
2015 Oregon Brew Crew Member of the Year

Offline skidmark

• 1st Kit
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2017, 07:56:38 pm »
I've been using this app for some time now, and I'd like to offer some observations:

1)   It's reeeally slooow to load - I see a blank white screen long enough to trigger a WTH? response before the parade of beer glasses even begins to cycle.

B)   Before I can get to actually do anything with the app, it says, "We're Unable to Access Your Location".  Why do you need my location if I just want to read an article?

III)  If I do tap, "Go to Map" from that screen, I get a screen saying "Location Services Unavailable" with a "Continue to Map" button.  Why can't I just go directly to the map?  This make trip planning a genuine PITA.

00000100)   If I tap on a push notification, it starts this whole dance over again, rather than taking me directly to whatever the notification was about in the first place.  By the time I can get to anything, I've forgotten what the notification was about.

Five)   Did I mention that it's reeealy slooow?

I understand that this is v1.0.5, and I didn't want to air this out on the Play Store, but these things need to be addressed.

Mark in Kalamazoo
Moto X Pure Edition 64GB on Marshmallow.

Offline PharmBrewer

• Assistant Brewer
  • Homebrewing Pharmacist
    • Havencrest Home Brewery
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2017, 07:51:11 am »
Thanks for this app.  I, finally, may remember to use AHA discounts!  :)
Jim
Havencrest Home Brewery - 5 Liter/BIAB
Member: Beaverton Homebrew Club, Oregon Mainbrew Guild, AHA
"Chance favors the prepared mind" - Blaise Pascal

Offline James K

• Brewer
  • Flagstaff, AZ
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2018, 03:16:24 pm »
I really like the beer guru app because easy recipe access and it shows me where breweries and lhbs shops are.
I have nominated the locations in my area for AHA discounts and would like my local Brewing community to cater more to the AHA in forms of discounts.
Is there a way to make this connection easier? Only one of seven breweries in my area offers deals, I am sure I have nominated all of the breweries though.
Vice President of Flagstaff Mountain-Top Mashers
2017 Homebrewer of the year
"One mouth doesn't taste the beer."