Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Saison du BUFF  (Read 2247 times)

Offline enso

• Brewer
  • Northeast Kingdom, VT
    • Bristle Bros. Brewing Blog
Saison du BUFF
« on: June 19, 2010, 01:58:21 pm »
Man, oh man do I dig this beer.  The herbs are not overpowering but they are definitely there.  They blend smoothly with the hops and the yeast phenols.  It is really complex and easy drinking at the same time.  Spicy and herbal.  Hard to pick it apart it is so seamless.  I don't know why but something about this beer has me excited unlike any brew I have had in a while.  Guess I better buy a few so I can compare when the Victory and DFH versions come out.

Recommended!
Dave Brush

narvin

Re: Saison du BUFF
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010, 06:37:31 pm »
Way too spiced for me.  If they called it a spiced triple, I might be more forgiving, but i'm sick of American brewers making sweet spice soup beers and calling them Saisons.  These beers should be DRY.

Offline enso

• Brewer
  • Northeast Kingdom, VT
    • Bristle Bros. Brewing Blog
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2010, 07:58:00 am »
Interesting.  I found it to be quite dry actually.  Did not notice any sweetness.
Dave Brush

Offline etbrew

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2010, 05:35:18 pm »
I also found this beer to be dry and I loved it.  To be honest I was really surprised at how balanced it was even though I could taste each herb.  I will be picking up some more for this weekend to share with some friends and I'm interested to see if they like it as much as I did...hell even my wife liked it  :-\

Offline uthristy

• Brewer
  • Hot & sticky Fla.
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2010, 06:29:35 am »

< edit I was thinking of the wrong beer >

my mistake.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 10:07:03 am by uthristy »

Offline etbrew

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2010, 08:47:56 pm »
hell even my wife liked it  :-\
I should say my wife's favorite beers are raspberry UFO and Magic Hat's Wacko....

Offline MDixon

• Brewmaster General
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2010, 05:47:08 pm »
narv - found it to be dry and quite enjoyable. It did have an sweet aroma and an impression of sweetness, but the bottle I had was immediately dry on the palate.

My only gripe was at 5 beans a bottle it was a bit on the pricey side of the eqn.  ;)
It's not a popularity contest, it's beer!